2.0 SI Head Swap With 2.1 SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markracer

Ok so my last thing did not make any sence What i am woundering is if i can take a head of a 1991 2.1 Si and put it on a 1988 2.0 si are all the oil parts the same and the clearece the same

what 2.1 and 2.0 are you refering to?? did you mean to post this in the Prelude section and not the Integra section???

if so the B21a1 head out of the 91 lude will fit onto the B20a5 out of the 88-90 lude..... just need to match the headgasket to the head and not the block

if its not the lude then dis-reguard my comment lol

yes it is for prelude but what i am woundering is if all the oil and water ports are the same and if they will line up because if thats the case why would the head gasket kit be different

the head gasket is different because the cooling jets are different sizes.....

just make sure that you have the right head gasket and you will be just fine...... ive put a B21 head onto a B20 block.... just needed the B21 head gasket and never had issues yet

so is it still going to have as good of cooling and will i loose any power

Yes you will lose power, since you are going from a 2.0 liter compression to a 2.1 liter compression.
Your swap of heads will be fine for a turbo application on the lude, but your daily driving N/A power will drop. Lower compression means less power.

Sean

Back