2.0 turbo whats the better bottom?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

devilbob2002

my question is whats the better bottom end ? a gsr or a B20? im all about keeping it cool. i hear there are oil squirters in the gsr block that shoot oil at the under side of the piston to keep it cooler dose the B20 have the same things? if not wouldent that make the gsr the better engine to build?

the better engine to build for boost out of the box would have to be the gsr.. a little bit stronger sleeves and decent compression to keep the car fun out of boost. also will help spool time and you"ll make more power with less effort. although the b20 bottom end is nice for a bump in displacement, its not exactly suitable for a turbo build out the box. it doesnt like to rev very high, rod bolts are weak, etc.

thanks. i do plan on making a 2.0 and i already have 85mm pistons with a -11cc dish (looking for 8.5-1 i think) and ls H-beam rods but what kind of crank should i use?

thanks. i do plan on making a 2.0 and i already have 85mm pistons with a -11cc dish (looking for 8.5-1 i think) and ls H-beam rods but what kind of crank should i use?
use the stock crank for your block is the easiest way to keep things from getting confusing. which block are you planning on using? a b20? or a b18 bored over?
b20's do NOT have the oil squirters

:werd:

i think i am going to use a gsr and boar it out with the stock gsr crank. think i can use my ls h-beam rod's?

best thing to do is get the gsr block sleeved to 84.5mm and then bore and hone to 85mm to have the perfect piston to wall clearance.

LS rods will work on GSR engine but you must use a LS crank with the LS rods.

make sure you get everything bore matched and line honed on the bottom end, that way you dont develop hotspots on the crank or mains.

you will also need to use LS rod bearings and main bearings.

Back