1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.1 to 2.0 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by pdqcrx, Jun 21, 2006.

1. pdqcrx

pdqcrx Member

A friend wants me to put a engine in a 1991 prelude si. It had a 2.1 but all he can find are 2.0. He just wants it running don't care what engine it has. Will the 2.0 bolt in where the 2.1 was without to many problems? Also will the b21 trans work in a gsr swap in a 1991 hatch?

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

I believe that Preludes and GSR's are different, even though they are both B series.

If the 2.0 and 2.1 are the same year, and both from Preludes, then I don't see why they won't interchange. Look carefully to make sure that the hoses and such attach at the same places, to make sure that it's a simple swap.

3. daily interlude

daily interlude Prelude Guru

Yes, the b20a from another Prelude will fit. Just make sure to unbolt everything from the B21 and put it on the B20 (manifolds, flywheel, clutch, tranny, engine mounts, and rear coolant pipe at least). This will make sure your swap goes more smoothly trying to reinstall the motor and hook everything up.

Preludepower.com has tons of info on this swap...search over there too. ;)

4. eludethis

eludethis Junior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted