2/21/04 track day y0!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
first 'official' track day at Pine Valley Raceway....

went out, sat around for 2 hours doing nothing, bullshitted my way through an IHRA inspection (why, no sor, my car wont start if the clutch isn't pushed in...of course i have an IHRA-certified helmet, it's in my trunk...), and made three passes.

1st pass, against a 60's or 70's Fairlane...jumped his ass off the line bad (.8 r/t, his was like a 1.4) and was looking in the other lane like 'holy shit im winning! holy shit!' when i hit the rev limiter in second...15.3

2nd pass, my best run against some chic in a camaro...ran a 15.2 and put a length and a half on the camaro.

3rd pass, AWD turbo eclipse, got my ass busted bad. he ran like a 14.7 and i ran a 15.4. pluh

then i broke an axle. fucking pieces of shit. how in the fuck do you break a new axle with a goddamn b16?!?!?!?!?! un-fucking-fair. my car's sitting at eneree(viciousteg)'s house, and my timeslips are sitting in the glove box...ill scan them in tomorrow.

i swear, if one more thing goes wrong with my car, im gonna sell it and get a 240 with an sr20det.

maybe its a b16 thing?

AWD turbo eclipse only ran 14.7? something must have been wrong. :lol: i wouldnt say you got busted bad, though. he does have AWD and turbo on ya.

old-school eclipse...bone stock...well, he had exhaust...but like 200k miles.

i pretty much got busted. he DESTROYED me off the line...around the middle of 3rd i started catching back up to him, but off the line awd is king.

:hmm: Maybe it's me, but this towing thing is starting to be more frequent. :lol: J/K Just get ready because there's more broken axels where that came from.

those cocksuckers at o'reilly gave me the wrong axles, too. fucking DX civic axles. fuckers. i told them on the phone Si axles...and gave my mom a piece of paper that had 'SI AXLES FOR 99-00 CIVIC SI NOT LX DX EX CX, BUT FOR AN SI!' that she gave them when she picked them up. goddammit.

gonna get the right axles in the morning...you work tomorrow? if not, ill be at your place at...oh...11ish so i can get my axles on.

and yeah, this towing thing is getting pretty frequent. i need to just buy a trailer.

Kewl mang... What kinda Camaro was it? V6? Z28? year? Must know details!!!! if you sell that car I'll fly to Lufkin and personally bitch slap you on the back of the head. :p

:slap:

Damn O'Reilly. Do they have Lifetime Warranty like Auto Zone? Got to go to work at 9, but I get off at 2. Dammit I just noticed that I spelled axles wrong. Who does that remind you of. LOL

'course it was a v6....at least, im pretty sure it was.

that or it was a manual trans. z28 and the chic driving drove like a...um...chic.

14.7 is about right for a stock eclipse....he was a 1g im guessing?
2g's like mine have problems.....fat..tiny turbo....more fat...shitty BOV, etc

ummm....i guess...it was old. lookin at your avatar, im guessing thats what a 2g looks like, and i smoked one of those a few weeks ago.

the 2g's werend awd, were they? or was it an option?

either way, he smoked me.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 22 2004, 03:19 AM
ummm....i guess...it was old. lookin at your avatar, im guessing thats what a 2g looks like, and i smoked one of those a few weeks ago.

the 2g's werend awd, were they? or was it an option?

either way, he smoked me.

2g eclipses:

RS/GS= non turbo FWD
GST= turbo FWD
GSX= turbo AWD

i believe....

yea, you got em right.

this girl i know picked up a near-mint 2g GST and wondered why her eclipse got worse gas mileage than her boyfriends RS.... i had to point out to her that it was turbocharged. she had no idea, except for the fact it had more creature comforts than her boyfriends' 2g.

2g's are just a shit load heavier than the 1g AWDs
but mine's still AWD/turbo :D nothing like launching at 6500

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 22 2004, 10:01 AM
yea, you got em right.

this girl i know picked up a near-mint 2g GST and wondered why her eclipse got worse gas mileage than her boyfriends RS.... i had to point out to her that it was turbocharged. she had no idea, except for the fact it had more creature comforts than her boyfriends' 2g.

hahaha figures. She never felt it pull like a fucker with all the torque steer?? Or did she never really get on it? :blink:

Back