2.2L B18C1???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey just wondering if i can stroke my engine (B18C1) to a 2.2L :unsure: ????? Also, will the engine be just as reliable as it is now, and approx. how much HP will i gain from it. (assuming i have the usual I/H/E)

i'm pretty sure you'll need to bore and sleeve it to get to 2.2 L (if that's even possible, i think 2.0 L is the largest most people go)

no clue on estimated HP.. no way to tell bro

hey, i know eric aguilar (Eric from Eric's Racing)was running a 2.2 b18c when he ran a 10.4.

so yes its possible, but i don't know if you want to run a setup like that on the street.

Originally posted by venom22@Jul 23 2003, 11:39 AM
why couldnt you run a setup like that on the street. :huh:

the displacement wouldnt be the prob w/that setup for street its got more to do w/compression ratios and lack of emissions equip not to mention I'm fairly sure Eric's engine would die on pump gas.

you could run a 2.2 b18 on the street w/many setups and if you have the kind of $$$ to stroke it that hard you prob have enough to do the rest that would require.

All Hail The Dart Block :worthy:

Well eventually i'll do it, but what more do i need than the stuff that the kit comes with?????Besides, the actual machining

Yes, 2.2L in a B18C1 is possible. I was considering doing it with this build, but I didn't want to spend the cash and time...

Back