2.2l crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wlp2008

what is the best suspension set up for a f22/h22 in a 88crx? going to have a 40lb box of subs in the back. i dont want to lower it more then 1".

What exactly is the idea behind this build? Usually when you get someone dropping an H or F into a CR-X, it's going to be a stripped-down drag car, but this one's getting a system? Just curious...

Interested to see. Did you mean an F22 or an H22 or the hybrid of the two know by some as the G-series?

its gonna be my DD fully equipped carpet ect, well first im going to drop an f22b1 in because its free. then later one imma either swap it out for the h22 or g22, cause i have a 2nd free f22. but im thinking i want to do h2b setup to save some weight and ive heard the b tranny last longer. the only thing that would keep me from doing the h2b would be the hood clearance issue, definatly not putting a cowl hood on it.. i guess ill jus space and cut web. but im not really sure ill even need to do anything suspension wise. i mean if i went h2b id only be putting about 40/50 more lbs in the front end. but where i live theres alot of curvey turns so i want to do it anyways.

reason for wanting better suspension is not because of swap because curvey turns.
reason i cant drop it lower then an inch is because there are to many pot holes and hills. i mean i could but noone has bodykits/ lowers there car and it doesnt get messed up because of the pot holes round cherr.
but i think im just going to stay with what it has anyways.. seems to be pretty strong. the only thing now is hood clearance with the f2b..

This thing's getting a body kit too? In my opinion I'd skip the body kit and do a moderate drop (something in the range of 1" to 1.5"). I live in Oakland County, Michigan, and we've got some of the SHITTIEST roads known to man here. I'm lowered two inches and doing fine. So If I can do it, then I'm guessing you can probably get away with it too...

When I swapped a B16 into my CRX HF the front end lowered by about 0.5-0.75". I don't know if the HF has softer springs than the SI, but the car definitely dropped and I had no way to fix it without adjustable coilovers. An F or H engine probably weighs another 50 lb over the B16, and the B16 probably weighs 50-75 lb more than the D15, so you have nearly double the front end weight increase that I did.

I did koni sports and ground control coilovers. Whole setup cost me like $900 and I got exactly the spring rates I wanted and the ability to adjust ride height (I wanted stock ride height since the car is a DD). I would recommend that option to any swap car since nearly all spring kits cause lowering even with stock components.

erm the h22 weights total 60-70 more then the d16 i have. and the b16 weighs something like 35-45. i so a thread where a guy actually had pics of it.. but anyhow thats probably the route i will take something adjustable, just want the best bang for my buck.. id probably want something more cheap and reliable then anything..

on the other hand, has anyone ever done an h2d? i know bisi is the only ones who makes it but im pretty sure this is what imma go with to save some lbs in the front.. i know hood spacing will be an issue ill go with carbon fiber sir hood and jus space it up 2" or so.. and i think ill need a custom driver side mount probably from hasport. but what about the ecu/ecm.. because the motor imma put the f2d on would be obd1.. i know id need a obd conversion harness but the ecu that the obd1 motor came out of had a ecu for the tranny.

first id be putting in a f22b1 then later on probably next summer id be ready to drop an N/A g22 into it and rebuild the tranny.. but has anyone done this f2d have any info?

as far as an ECU goes, just get hondata and be done, then no matter what motor you use you will be covered, and have tuneability as well.

Back