2.4l Vtec??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolcharlie

i went to the junkyard today...one that carries late model vehicles...they had the front half of a car..the rest was...i dont know..cut off..but anyways it looked like a civic 4 door....when did honda make a 2.4L VTEC?? and what is it from? i couldnt make out the vehicle..def 4 door...how much are these engines going for..im thinking about pullin it

i didnt get it..i could go back and get it..but right now i dont feel like running back there....im here in Louisiana ad it is muck and mud all over the junkyard..there car is actually sitting in water..haha..it never stops raining down here..but it looks like a B16/B18/H22 head, 2.4L Vtec...is it a K20 follower or something..or is 2.4 getting into V6.i dont know..you want the vin number??

its a K24 most likely.. so its from the newer Accord/TSX

so its the I-VTEC then hmm...i havent heard much about these engines...everyone still wants B series...is there any specs on this engine anywhere??

is it worth anything? would it bolt up in a civic? i have a H23 im wanting to find a hatch shell for..but if this K24..is any good and i can wire it up right..but i dont think NOONE has done this swap or even tried..but..that would some kinda swap

damn...i dont have that much to spend.im goign to go up there tomorrow..he has a prelude katrina survior...perfect condition..he cant sell it but can part it out..has a nice H22 under the hood 5 speed tranny..he wants 8 for that..im seeing if i can chew him down a little.hey check this out..did you see that guy who wants to trade his GSR complete swap for a cargo van..its in the for sale section..i think thats funny..arent those vans not cheap..

yea i hear that...i dont think i wanna swap a k into my car..i just picked up a clean 92 hatch back CX today..canadian model..no tach..it is so fucking sweet..i cant wait to get some JDM parts =]]]]]

hahah un uh..aint happenin..i have been looking for a car forever..i just wrecked my sol like a month ago..and i finally found a car..my sol was a D16z6 so i yanked the head..its sittin in the garage..this car is a D15B7..that head is ..coming off and VTEC is going on.,.for now..till i get enough money for a Bseries swap

so its the I-VTEC then hmm...i havent heard much about these engines...everyone still wants B series...is there any specs on this engine anywhere??

I dunno if I'd say that everyone still wants the B-Series motors..the K-Series is rapidly becoming the new B-Series. As far as specs go, if the motor is from a TSX, then that's an awesome find. You're looking at 200+ horse and a 6-speed manual tranny. If it's from an Accord, CR-V, or Element than it's about 160ish horse, and probably a 5-speed manual or 4-speed auto.

There's actually two different versions of i-VTEC. The RSX, TSX, and the new Si Coupes have the "smart" version, and then the Accord, CR-V, and Element and the 02-05 Si Hatchback have a dumbed-down version that's more economical. Even those motors can make decent power though. Drop in a nice set of cams, all the bolt-ons, and do some tuning, and you'd see good numbers on a K24.

delsolcharlie said:
is it worth anything? would it bolt up in a civic? i have a H23 im wanting to find a hatch shell for..but if this K24..is any good and i can wire it up right..but i dont think NOONE has done this swap or even tried..but..that would some kinda swap

I haven't heard of many K Swaps into Del Sols, but people definitely are doing this swap, mostly into Civics and Integras. Pick up any recent issue of Honda Tuning and you'll probably find at least one K-Swapped Civic or Teg as a feature car. Like everyone else said however, the wiring will be difficult, and the swap itself won't be easy. You'd need custom mounts, and it definitely won't bolt up to your stock transmission. The K-Series motors spin the opposite direction from B and D motors, so they sit on the left side of the engine bay, with the header facing the back of the engine bay. You'd have to use a K-Series tranny and that would require custom mounts and probably some cutting and fabrication.

It would be an awesome swap if you've got the money and patience to get it done, but it sure as hell won't be cheap.

yea that is pretty smart just buy one already done
if i had enough money i WANT to do it myself..so ill have the pride of saying i did it myself...everyone flipped when i told them i converted my car to manual...they were like WTF...its a good vibe..
yea with my sol i beat a F250 with a 7.9 swap out of the excursion 5 speed manual..with a fucking turbo the size of a basektball...i hooked up good on the line he started pulling ahead..as soon as vtec kicked in ...i was gone..by 3rd gear i was already ahead and 1/4 mile down the road i was 4 car lengths...and all i did to it was put a SI tranny on it, stock airbox and everything, Stage 1 exedy clutch
i wanna do a mini me swap on this EG for now...is this a good thing.i already got all the parts...what does this accomplish..i have a P28 from my sol and the D16z6 head...would this increase HP??torque?? its not making displacement...why does some ppl do theese??

yea i have done other stuff...head gaskets, intake gaskets on various cars ..but as far as actually...well i have to adjust for lash on my friends chevy..i have never really built an engine using aftermarket parts..the del sol is gone..my friend bought it off me..i asked if i could keep the head b/c all he wanted was the block..b/c he himself had another del sol that he had a mini me on and wanted just my block..

Engine Code

how do i know what's My Civic's engine code?
i tried searching the internet and honda site for the VIN number, just to find out what's my engine code, but nothing.
it's like my VIN number doesn't exist.

Back