2.4l Vtec??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a Honda Civic sedan LXi 1.5L ,model year 2001
you must be in canada,, but the code is right on front of the motor right where the tranny bolts to it theres a little flat spot that will have the code there real easy to see just pop the hood

thanks

you mean the 9 digit number?
it's 008231196, can i know more info from this number?

and i'm not in canada, i'm in Jordan.
but it's the same, i guess you have cars impotred from japan too.
the strange thing is that i tried to register to the Honda resources (but it needs my VIN number), and when i enter it, i keep getting that it's not a valid VIN number :)

Last edited:
no it will be either 4 or 5 long like this b16a motor here

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 161
:)

Thanks mate,

i found it, it's D15Y3

it's easier for me to start checking the best swaps for it now.
do you know what would be the best swap for it, with the least modifications?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks mate,

i found it, it's D15Y3

it's easier for me to start checking the best swaps for it now.
do you know what would be the best swap for it, with the least modifications?

Thanks again.
another d series or a k series

Last edited:
thanks again mate.
i owe you one ;)

can i use the K20A from the Civic Type-R or the F20C from the S2000 '02 ?

Last edited:
how do i know what's My Civic's engine code?
i tried searching the internet and honda site for the VIN number, just to find out what's my engine code, but nothing.
it's like my VIN number doesn't exist.
icon_threadjacked.gif

and ahhvtec.. responding to his questions isnt helping

Nalbi you can use the K20A from the Civic Type R, but not the F20c from the S2000. It wont work at all. The K will be the best choice for you. Go ahead and get you that K20. S2000 are rwd and can't spin the other way. Besides that K20 can be faster anyways.

thanks Amack

Stop jacking other people's threads dude. If you have a question start your own thread in the appropriate forum. Don't butt in on the middle of a completely non-related conversation.

JEEZ!!! Nabila-""2.4L VTEC sounds like what my problem is im going to post it in there!!!...yea lets do that!!! I dont give a shit about this other persons thread!!""

Nalbi you can use the K20A from the Civic Type R, but not the F20c from the S2000. It wont work at all. The K will be the best choice for you. Go ahead and get you that K20. S2000 are rwd and can't spin the other way. Besides that K20 can be faster anyways.

My buddy in arizona has an f20c crx. Yes its rwd. With money and work, lots of it, it can be done. and its much faster than a k20 i can guarentee you that.

do you want a cookie?? post up a build thread..

i see you're from Fresno.. i'm down in Bakersfield

Back