2-bolt post doesn't match 2-bolt driver's side mount?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Curlybandit

Hey everyone.

I'm having an issue with my swap. For reference, I'm getting an OBD1 JDM GSR b18c motor swapped into my '93 del Sol Si. It had a d16z6 and I was using Innovative Mounts engine mounts with 75A poly.

I contacted Innovative Mounts to confirm if their driver's side 2-bolt mount will work with the b18. Their website indicates that the mount is for both D and B motors. They replied that it would.

Unfortunately, the offset bolts and the holes of the mount don't line up. I've attached a pic.

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7098.JPG
    IMG_7098.JPG
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 408
Maybe they sent you the wrong one? They did that to me before- send them the pic and they're really good at responding quickly- I had a new mount in just a couple days when I got the wrong one putting a 5G D block into a CRX.

Maybe they sent you the wrong one? They did that to me before- send them the pic and they're really good at responding quickly- I had a new mount in just a couple days when I got the wrong one putting a 5G D block into a CRX.

I did a little digging. When I bought the motor I had the supplier install a two-bolt post onto the motor to mount up with the two-bolt engine mounts I had. It turns out that the post may be from an older generation GSR. I got the correct part number and I've ordered the correct post. It should be arriving tomorrow.

could be wrong mount, could be needing to loosen up the other mounts to give some wiggle room to line up

I did a little digging. When I bought the motor I had the supplier install a two-bolt post onto the motor to mount up with the two-bolt engine mounts I had. It turns out that the post may be from an older generation GSR. I got the correct part number and I've ordered the correct post. It should be arriving tomorrow.
At least you figured it out quickly!
could be wrong mount, could be needing to loosen up the other mounts to give some wiggle room to line up
That's a LOT of wiggle...

Back