2 motors 4 days

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90accordcreeper

So I was in they city just crusing along and I get on it a little to only realize its not reving past 3500 and its not going anywere either. Even wen I full throttled it. Next thing I know. There's a whole in the crankshaft caseing. So I swap another motor in starts right up but stops making power at 3500 and stops reving at 4300. So I try driving it at low rpms to get it home 25 miles later a bigger whole is in the crank shaft caseing near the alternater and the connecting rod and brace were sitting right infront of the radiater. So u know the mottor is a f22b1. Yes the motors had oil yes they were low milage. No there were no dents in the oil pan. Can anyone help b4 I blow another motor lol.

Is your check engine light on? If so, then pull the codes and fix whatever's wrong. It sounds like your car is in limp mode and you're still trying to push it past the reduced rev limiter...

but even then how would that cause the car to build excess pressure to cause the block to blow holes in them?

Uh, possibly from you trying to push the engine past the RPMs that the ECU is limiting it to? That's the point of limp mode, to limit how high the engine is revving so you don't go and blow it up before you fix whatever's wrong with it.

So that being said, is the Check Engine Light on?

sorry if it sounded like i was being a dick. cause i wasnt its just out of all the people i asked even a tech that use to work with me at honda i brought it up to him and he was saying no not likely. he was leaning twords the whole bad head gasket theme and fluids being in the cylinder. um and yes the light was on but it was on for 2 things o2 sensor and faicv. but right now i cant et a code cause the motor is about to be taken out

If you fix the codes, I bet you won't have any more problems. Honda put those CEL's in there for a reason...

When was the last time the cat. was replaced????? I have had the cat. blocked up so bad that the exhaust would not get out and back up in the motor and cause this to happen.

Back