2 motors to chose from

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Carnage

I just picked up my 90dx hb from the paint shop this morning, and now im ready to swap my motor. I have 2 motors to chose from. 1. 89 si motor, that this motor will bolt up and is a very easy swap, but I would prefer to swap for the second motor that is from a 89 Teg, I dont know the motor code tho, i know its dohc.
My question, would my 89 Teg motor bolt in my dx, and how bad would wiring be for a swap like this.
Also my dx is automatic, and will be going 5 speed in the swap.

ok, u cant! put the teg motor in, it wont use the same B series mounts as the B18a, so get that off ur list, also the Civic Si motor will work , but u will have to rewire it for MPFI. so really ur asking is the Si motor worth it. Depends on the price, if its overf 400 bucks its not woth it, just save ur money for a ZC b16a or b18a

both of you are wrong fisrt it is a d16a1 not a3 i just helped a buddy rebuild his 89 teg second the motor will bolt into the dx using a combo of the dx and tegra mounts as for wiring you need to wire up the neede wires for extra injctors and for the extra evap solonoid.
As for the five speed swap here is a good link to help you out
My Webpage

Back