2 new Rex's added to the family.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E-dogg

Ok so I bought two new CRX's. I bought both from the same guy. 1'st is a blue '89 DX I got for $450, the 2'nd is an '89 HF. I didn't want the HF but the guy said it was rust free and he would give it to me for $250. So the blue one came with an engine/tranny with no head and the HF had no engine or tranny. To make a long story short, the guy buying my engine out of the Si I got ripped on backed out so I just put that engine in the white one today and pulled the block/tranny out of the blue one. I can say this, pulling these engines is a LOT easier the second time. It took me about 2.5-3hrs to pull it and it took me about 10hrs to put the Si engine/tranny into the HF. Yeah probably a long time but it was my first install so whatever. So heres some pics...

Cars010.jpg

Cars009.jpg

Cars008.jpg

Cars007.jpg

Cars006.jpg

Cars005.jpg

Cars004.jpg

Cars003.jpg

Cars002.jpg

Cars001.jpg

Cars012.jpg

Cars011.jpg

Yeah a lot of pics, sorry just wanted to be thorough. Anyway, I removed the interior out of the blue and took the bumpers off to prep for painting. The white bumper was hideous. I don't know wtf the previous owner did to it. Also it was hit in the quarterpanel or something on the drivers side. The repair isn't quite perfect and there is a dent you may notice that was covered by the rear bumper. Anyway, I think it was worth the $700. I'll post more pics if I think yall would wanna see em. Thanks for looking and tell me what ya think!! :worthy:

Hopefully you can make one car out of the two!!
BTW that armrest in that HF is RARE as hell!!! They go for some crazy $$$,esp if they are complete,i see yours is missing a lid.

:werd: if i had the time and money, id build one for daily driving...and then the other one for track only use... i mean, hell its already stripped down, just make a custom metal dash, toss a seat in there, roll cage, motor, suspension and your set lol

Thanks for the responses guys! I REALLY want to keep both of the cars but it's just not worth it imo. Since I was ripped off for a '91 SI I am going to try to use the HF to make some money back. I took the '91 Si engine and put it into the HF. I am gonna have someone hook up the wiring on the engine because I don't remember how it all goes and I noticed something on the MPFI was broken, probably due from the engine hitting the bay a little bit when it was lowered in. Unless I can find some pics or a how-to on hooking it up (Yeah I looked already) I think lowering it in is the most I can do at this point. I'll hook up what I can though. But I figure I got the car for $250, it's rust free and I can have my body guy fix the quarter panel and repaint it for a couple hundred and then I'm gonna ebay it. I mean, the car is decent so I figure I can get near 2k for it.
The blue car is going to be my builder. It's gonna get fiberglass quarters and a body kit. After that I am gonna follow Pissedofsol's guide to building a 300whp 'rex
(which I saved, looked over near daily, and have made into a template, hahaha) that he emailed me. It'll get a B16a Sir 1 engine/tranny with the lsd, 550cc injectors, and an sc34 turbo?? After that I will do all the other stuff he put into scripture for me and probably add some Nitrous for when the engine alone can't get it done. I know that yall have all kinds of newbs talking about they are gonna do this and that but I'm 'bout my business. If I say I'm gonna do it I will. I have documented as much as I could at this point so I kinda have a step by step on how to rip out the interior with pics that I can share if someone needs sometime and I would've done the same with the engine but I had never put one in before so I was sure I was making all kinds of mistakes. I'll take as many pictures as I can of every step so as to help anyone out. So don't feel like your wasting your time if ya give me advice. I'm here to stay!! Any other suggestions let me know!! Thanks again guys!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Back