2 quick questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec919si

sup guys, i have a quick question, i have a 90 teg LS i juss bought, it has a idling problem, instead of 700-900 RPM, its reving at like 3000 RPM, now that would be the IAC right?? i juss wanna know wat u think before i mess with it, also, my fuse box cought on fire and i replaced everything, from wires to sensors, but it burnt my gauge cluther, i wanna put GSR gauges, will it work?????

Hey when it idling is it in nutral or Park if ya got an auto. Also is it when its cold out?? or has it been driven a little bit then you go to park it for the day and it idles high? Also does the motor sound normal running? and does the trottle cable look like its been messed with.. just some random ideas for ya that I can think of...

its a stick, and its doing it all day long, hot or cold, cable is fine, i looked at the throttle plate today at idle and its closed, thats y i think its the iac, but i don't wanna mess it up even more, good thing is, no matter who drives it, they will never stall out, hehe:mellow:

Check for vacuum leaks first..

Do you have any ECU codes?

i don't bout the ECU codes, i can't pull them i don't have a scanner, and my gueges got burnt, but the vacuum, i have 16"mg so i am good

check the throttle plate again, push the throttle cam backwards so it close the throttle more and if idle goes down theres you problem(use non-chlorinated brake cleaner to clean your throttle body, and an old tooth brush can do wonders)

get a small propane torch and hook a hose over the end of it and just let the gas go anywhere a vac leak can be(hose connections, gaskets ect. and it should rev up a litlte when you find it), and check your throttle cable(it should have some slack to it"your cable isn't there to adjust idle")
and if no leaks are found clean you iac sensor(use brake cleaner(carbon will melt right off), only non-chlorinated*it cost a little more but wont hurt the sensor)and if that doesnt do it buy another one

You don't need a scanner all you have to do is get to your ECU and turn the key on.. there should be a window with a red LED that will flash the codes for you.

i know but my fuse box shorted out and my guages don't work anymore, i got a new cluster, i replaced the wires and fuse box sensors and everything i think i should get, but thats y i can't get the codes out

you need to explain what you did a little better, If you replaced you fuse box and all that good stuff, your not going to have any codes because you killed power to the ecu. and if you cant get codes straight off the ecu, you are probably not going to get anything with a scanner. Im not exactly sure about the teg but my crx with your ls b18, to get the codes you have to find the diagnostic wire and jump a wire in a loop. then turn the key to ignition on, and then it will flash codes.

see i can't jump the wire and see the check engine light cuz when the fuse box took a dump on me, it melted the guages and that doesn't work, i know i could check the TPS with DMM and it runs on a 5v refrance but wat bout the IAC????

The thing is with the car being OBD0 your gauges aren't where you check for codes, you look through the cover on the actual ECU case itself.. even if your gauges are broken you should be able to get the codes because it is not related to the gauge assy. on your particular car.

I posted the info for you before.. your ECU should have a small window in the cover that has a red LED behind it. Turn the key to the 'ON' position and the LED should start flashing the code(s) just like the check engine light does on the newer cars. If you have any kind of swap to an OBD1 ecu/motor in there it won't work that way, but since you didn't specify I'm assuming you have a stock 90 Integra.

no its all stock, and i thank you so much for ur help, i am gonna go check now, but thanks again bro, ur were the most help i ever got from here

Back