2 Swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

OK,
I am swapping my DX 1.5 out for a d16z6 and was wondering the following. Civic is 5th gen

1. What is the diffrence between an EX and a DX wiring Harness?
2. What ECU's can I run with my d16z6 swap?

what year is it?

that's imortant cause all EX's were wired for Vtec but only 92 DX's were wired for vtec- also the motor is designed for the P28 ECu and i'm not sure what else you could use-

supposing you use the P28 ecu then yeah- there is a good article on it in the swap section- someplace in there i think

i did the same swap in my 94 CX recently. i used a p28 ecu, and had to run 2 wires from my ecu to the plugs where the wirin harness hooks up. i encountered some bullshit though, but that's because the harness i used had been cut at the base of the wires running to the distributor by some dirty bastards. so i had to splice in my distributor wires off the cx harness in to the EX harness. the other civics were wired for VTEC except for the cx, but it wasn't hard to run the extra wires. hope you enjoy your swap as much as i do.

what everyone else said is right. I did a swap on a auto DX to a manual d16z6, and the only wiring that we had to do was for VTEC, which is pretty easy.

when i sold my motor to this guy that got my old motor he went to honda to get the harness cause he did not want to wirer the the vtec in for the d16.. :ph34r:

sorry, it had to be done

great6.jpg

Originally posted by civicext@Jan 28 2004, 08:06 PM
when i sold my motor to this guy that got my old motor he went to honda to get the harness cause he did not want to wirer the the vtec in for the d16.. :ph34r:

I kinda doubt that because the wires that your adding are from the shock tower harness's to the ECU. this mean that he would have to rip out a shit load of wires, and it would be a hell of alot more work. It is hard enough to send the two wires through the fire wall, a hole harness would be almost impossible.

Back