2 wrecked 90 tegs for 100 bucks? worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

biggbird72

MaD JdM TyTe VtAK Yo!!!
:eek: Okay y'all i gotta act fast so i'm sorry if i didnt take time to search that well. heres my situation...i have a 92 eh2 and was looking to swap. well i found this guy on craigslist who says he has 2 1990 DA's that one is wrecked from the back and the other is wrecked on the side. he needs them outta his yard and he says 100 bucks takes it all. he's had them listed for 500 for about 3 weeks. so now, am i correct in guessing that the 90 DA is obd-0? so then i would have to do the obd-0 to obd-1 conversion then get a hydro tranny. so i was thinking grab the better of the two motors and sell the other as a swap or part it out....dont know yet...then i can afford to get a nice hydro tranny and all that...so if this deal is legit (which i'll know by tomarrow morning i'm sure, when i go to look at these cars) should i do it? i mean is doing the obd-0 to obd-1 THAT much of a hassle? or should i sell off both swaps or part out both cars and just get an obd-1 swap. i did want to do an ls swap in my hatch but was thinking sohc vtec for a while until i can afford a gsr swap. but then again, i could always do ls-v later on...i dunnno..just putting this out there cuz i'm running short on time....:eek:

You have to jump on things this cheap. Even without knowing about the condition of the cars I would say yes to buying them. It's hard to lose money when you pay 100 bucks for 2 hondas in any condition. If there was a motor in one of them you would make your money back.

If they had clean titles...

And yeah, you could have hauled them both to a scrapyard and doubled your money.

Back