2 years later...this old house...who has 56K internet anymore?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Moved into the house two years ago today...and busted ass trying to turn an old house built in 1881 to look presentable for todays standards...I still have a lot of work to do, but for what I've got done so far...it's coming along great.

First the yard... I've cut down a lot of trees, had to get a contractor to come in a do some work...which I got conned by, and I've waited for the grass to grow back and trim everything. Got a majority of the junk cleaned up, and it shows...I got one more tree to cut, then it's all done. I did have a bad back...so doing a lot of this work almost killed me, or it took longer to do since I couldn't really lift anything...and I even built a retaining wall...that took 14-15 bricks a day to do...since I don't have a truck and carted them home a little at a time. hehe.

Then built a garage from the inside out...all thats left is to reside the exterior, and install a door. Got a new driveway installed...

Stripped the kitchen....still not done.

Replastered and painted the dining room.

Cleared out a majority of the basement, I still have a small wall to take down, and remove and junk an oil tank...then I can mortar the walls, and paint it up, and maybe tile the floor. I hope to make a snazzy office and a rec room/bar down there. I converted to a gas furnace and removed the old huge oil furnace...that almost killed me.

and the major things left to do is to get the house re-sided, replace the roof, get new windows and doors, strip the interior and insulate, then drywall everything, remake the hardwood floors, and dress it up a little.

I'll prolly refinance again in the spring or just get a home equity loan for $50Ks, and just hire a contractor to do the major stuff. I bought the house for $164,000, I have a mortgage at 137,000 right now, and the last appraisal done last January put the house at $190,000...and the guy told me if I didn't do anything to the house...then it would increase yearly at 15%...but I have done a lot...I'd guesstimate it's prolly worth around $225,000 by now. 14 more years of mortgage payments:D when I'm 48, it'll be payed off.

And also over the last two years...I've done walter's swap, Steve's swap, the red Z's swap and rebuild, rebuilt a little on the white Z, built up a motor for my CRX (which is ready to get swapped in) and got a lot of other minor maintenance done to my cars and a few buddies cars...plus working as much overtime at work as I can.

Pics...

aff.jpg

afg.jpg

afe.jpg

aey.jpg

ags.jpg

agv.jpg

aha.jpg

aez.jpg

afa.jpg

aeq.jpg

aer.jpg

aeu.jpg

yup

next to the garage I'll build a patio, and behind the garage, a sweet shed and hot tub area.

I hope to get 6K's back next year for taxes...that'll cover a week vacation to Japan, and then I'll get the vacation pay for 3 weeks, and that will cover a few days to Vancouver for a wedding I have to go to, and I'll prolly pull out that home equity a little to cover next years work...plus a little extra to fix up the cars some more...and sell one or two of the cars and get a plane.:ph34r:

wow.. looks 100X better.. is that a prelude seat for your computer chair

Nice job. I like the garage, probably your second home. ;)

Is the oil tank still good? I have a buddy that needs a tank. he'll come take it off your hands if its in decent shape. Snap some pics. s

I'm putting in a door on the back porch....

it bled a lot of heat out last year, and...welp...I kinda put my hand thru the glass pains 3 times last night....lets just something got me pissed...and I had to vent.

found this on the internet...and thought I might show what the house used to look like...and the tree's...damn they are nothing but weeds....they grow to fast....

38 Antonio Avenue

Nice job! I know how it is I have been helping my dad fix his house up for the past year.
It takes alot of time and patience.
Good job dude.

So how much of their proud heritage did you ravage ?

just the tree's and the damn barberry bushes... for a house built in 1881, and for it to be standing in 2007...still in nearly mint condition...it's looking good for it's age. The shingle siding alone has lasted prolly over 90 years. :eek:

The guy that bought the house after the Schulz's moved out turned everything into a mess, didn't even cut the grass, or take care of anything. All the neighbors freaked when they keep looking at the house and mention that it looks 100% better than when the last owner had it. And when I had the sewer line cleaned...the guy that was about 50 years old said he would always take a shortcut thru the backyard on his way to Hubbard park, just to look at all the flowers that were planted back there....but when I moved in, there were none. They used to call my backyard Hubbard Park Gardens. Ahh, when I'm done with it, it will be a nce place to chill and relax. I still have a huge patio I want to build soon. ;)

Back