2 years

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well I have offically owned my car for 2 years now. Holy shit I have done alot to it.

Went from being slightly riced out, to now IMO a pretty bad ass car for a High schooler.

Started, it had....
All stock del sol SI (d16z6) came with an Intake, a DOHC sticker on back, Mugen stickers on the sides.

Now...
GSR swap
GSR front sway
GSR front brakes
ITR rear sway
ITR LCA's
ITR Tein HA's
Nuespeed strut bar
Skunk2 rear strut bar
Rota Wheels
Potenza s03 tires (soon to be azenies)
VAFC
Shave front emblem

and for the past week, I have been driving around with no inteior. Removed the sound deading material yesterday. Was kinda a bitch (used dry ice and hammer method) I weighed it, only saved 6.4 lbs.

So whats my fueture (SP?) plans? Not much. I have college coming up so money all my money is now going for that. If I ever happened to have some extra cash, I would like to go with a nice header (headertech, anr? Something like that). A ITR tranny swap would be nice. I would also like to build the head up. Put some Skunk2 stage 2 cams, springs, retainers and some ITR valves. If I ever had alot of money, I would like to pull my GSR engine, throw in a crappy d-series for the time being, and rebuild the GSR engine. Up the compression to about 11.5-12:1, put some toda Spec b's in there, and have one bad ass car. Time will tell.

That is a BADASS cr for a high school kid to build... Seriously.

:thumbsup:

its comming along quite nicely :)

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@May 8 2004, 01:06 PM
yeah i definitly seen college hurting my car fund :(

hurting???

more like a strong raping for me.

progress has stopped till im out of school

had mine since february of 02, it has also came a long way. unfortunately I never had the opportunity of driving anything with more than 55hp in high school. :(

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@May 10 2004, 09:20 PM
had mine since february of 02, it has also came a long way. unfortunately I never had the opportunity of driving anything with more than 55hp in high school. :(

:withstupid: on the 55 hp in high school part... had the Geo for a year and a half, i did a bit to it, then wrecked it. :(

word colin.. i remember first meeting you at the redline meets... car all slow and what not.. look at you now!!

when i went to college mine had the d16z6 , now that i'm almost done, i dont even drive it anymore and it sits with the lsvtec and 185 whp. stupid money pit.
i want the damn s2000 already.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 11 2004, 08:32 AM
word colin.. i remember first meeting you at the redline meets... car all slow and what not.. look at you now!!

when i went to college mine had the d16z6 , now that i'm almost done, i dont even drive it anymore and it sits with the lsvtec and 185 whp. stupid money pit.
i want the damn s2000 already.

On to bigger and better money pits, I see Adam. :)

Thanks. As far as the whole working thing, in the spring summer and fall, I make a shit load of cash at a golf course, plus I am really good at saving money.

Since I have college coming up, progression is going to stop pretty soon. I might do a few little things to it, but nothing seirous.

Adam, the one time I meet you in person, you cought me right before a ton of us were heading out to eat, and I had no clue where they were going. Go to redline again so we can actually hang out.

Back