20 year old bitch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

what types of things have to be done to get a d16z6 in to a 85 crx si? the dpfi to mpfi? what will need to be rewired. we will be using the obd1 p28. the motor is being built for a turbo set up. battery relocated? i havent been able to find much info on a swap like this is it even possible?

Its not a matter of "rewireing" its a matter of "wiring." You are going to have to add all the electronics for OBD1 and for Fuel Injection. Its possible, in fact, ir you want more info just on the electronics, try and find a page that talks about the b16 swap in 1st gen CRX's. I know its not exactly what you're looking for, but it could give you an idea what will need to be done. Also, do some google searches, I'm sure there is a write up somewhere about how to do your swap.

It's definitely possible, but it will be a lot of work. Someone on one of the NSX boards just put a d16z6 engine into a ~1977 civic hatch. That's now one of my dream cars.... in yellow would be perfection. *sigh*

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Feb 19 2005, 02:10 PM-->
is it carb'd...if it is too much work.
[post=463135]Quoted post[/post]​

ktanaka
@Feb 19 2005, 02:33 PM
Its not a matter of "rewireing" its a matter of "wiring." You are going to have to add all the electronics for OBD1 and for Fuel Injection. Its possible, in fact, ir you want more info just on the electronics, try and find a page that talks about the b16 swap in 1st gen CRX's. I know its not exactly what you're looking for, but it could give you an idea what will need to be done. Also, do some google searches, I'm sure there is a write up somewhere about how to do your swap.
[post=463140]Quoted post[/post]​

its def not carbed. thats one reason we decided to pick the car up .free-bees gotta love um people give it to you for free and you just dump money into them.

redpepper? will def check it

the si should already be mpfi...

z6 will be a pain in the dick, you should look into the d16A1 from a first gen integra... use stock crx and integra mounts, and the dist and ecu from a 86-87 integra for vacuum advanced ignition...
brown top nets 113 hp stock... twin cam, good for boost...

i know dohc is better for boost but this car is going to b a "ricers wet dream" (its all about the bling) but we want vtec to say hey we got vtec and i want it single to say hey u got beat by a single. everyone in my town is all on the b seires band wagon and to them if its not a duel vtec its not cuttin it so me and my boy want to show them how much money they wasted and how much they suck. this car is being built to piss other people off. but if we were going to go dohc would a zc work? same as the integra? also what are my suspention possiblities?(85 crz si)

i;m telling you you would be better off trying to stick within that OBD0 crap area pre 90's...
a z6 into this car is gonna be a royal pain in the ass...
the D16a1 would be a much easier swap, almost plug and play...
an early version of the ZC should work, or the d16a8 or d16a9 which boasts about 140 horse stock...

the suspension possibilities... good fuckin luck
lol
torsion bars in the front...

look at the refrence section here for the first gen crx FAQ, it has a lot of info on what you can use form an integra to beef up the crx suspension...

cheap brake upgrade is also available using the integra spindles...

Back