200 dollar subwoofer system?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

I need to know if there is any way to get a sub/subs, amp, and all the wires including a box for anywhere between $150-250. If anyone can offer suggestions on how i can make this happen please tell me. And before anyone says "google it up" i have surfed the web for countless hours with nothing bet dissapointment. The only thing i have found so far is a powered 12in subwoofer for $125 on www.jcwhitney.com. Has anyone had any expirence with this company and would that product be sufficent for a budget audio system? Im not looking for much just somthing to vibrate the car a little bit. Thanks for input in helping me to solve this complicated dilemma.

yes i have but im not to comfortable doing business on the internet so thats basically a no go. i will most likely only buy stuff from people i know or at least know something about. Thats just me.

Look around your local area then.

For my truck, I found someone locally who sold me a Sony 12" woofer in a box (yuck on the Sony, but it works) for $50, then I picked up a 4x60W Profile amp (not bad, not great) on eBay for $90 shipped brand new. Add $20 for wiring and a big fuse and my total came out to $160 for the sub setup.

I bridged two of the channels on the amp for the sub (supposedly 180W RMS) and it's sufficient to hit decently hard- the other two channels I ran to my JBL mains in the doors. $65 on sale for the speakers and $160 on sale for my cheapo Alpine head, and the total for my truck's entire stereo system came out to only $385.

That's really not bad, considering that I have pretty clear sound out of a budget setup, and none of my speakers are running off the crappy internal amplifier in the head unit. Just shop around- you never know what you might find.

You should really just hit it with ebay....Do you really care of the brand? or do you just want something that is going to pound?

You can pickup a good walmart wiring kit for $25.

You can get a good 12" dual sealed box shipped to your door for like $40-$50.

You can pickup a 1000watt legacy amp for like $80 shipped to your door.

and finally you can hit it with a pair of 12s for about $65 shipped to your door.

then you will need just a roll of speaker wire that you can get from walmart for $10

you're set ...like $230 and you have some shti that will pound.

I know you don't like doing business on line but you'll find it hard to get decent deals in local areas unless you find people that are in hardcore need of cash...then agian, that isn'T always too hard to do either...

nathan

like everybody said check ebay... Also, look for amplified bazooka tubes... Very nice, clean bass for the money.

look at best buy. they always have those lightning audio setups for cheap. two 10"s with a 500watt amp in a sealed box for around $200 i believe.

Try a Pawn Shop if you have one in your area. There are some people out there that would trade mostly anything for money. You'll be surprise what you can find. :blink:

No go with the pawn shops man. Around my area they will except basically anything that looks good, dont even have to work. Example: some of my friends sold these blown and stolen MTX subs in a box to a guy in a pawn shop around here for like $100. Fucked up shit if you ask me.

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Aug 26 2004, 06:30 PM
No go with the pawn shops man. Around my area they will except basically anything that looks good, dont even have to work. Example: some of my friends sold these blown and stolen MTX subs in a box to a guy in a pawn shop around here for like $100. Fucked up shit if you ask me.
[post=382380]Quoted post[/post]​

I can sell you 2 rockford 12's in a ported box and rockford amp to power them. should be under 200, just have to ask my buddy what he wants for it

perfect condition though

let me know

I just bought a 400 watt Orion AMP off a guy from bimmerforums for $127 shipped. And I'm looking at an MB Quart 12" Sub.
Total system with wiring will run about $250-$300 but it's going to hit very hard and very clean.

RWE302-304-s.jpg

Oh you know MB Quart has class.

Originally posted by md_accord@Sep 18 2004, 03:12 PM
Anyone know of a good online guide to wiring up for a sub?
[post=391949]Quoted post[/post]​

2nd semester high school physics textbook?

this dont help you but a friend of a friend of mine has access to a wholesale warehouse... I got my 400w SPL Series II amp for 65 bucks. :)

Back