200 si tire problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995lx

I have a 2000 civic si and I am having a hell of a time with tires first of all I have skunk2 coilovers rollin on 17's with nankang tires. OH and also I have camber kit all the way around. My question is I keep shredding the rear tires. I changed the wheel bearing on the passenger side thinking that was it. Well today I was changing the oil and I noticed the same thing was going on the other side. The first tire that did it I did not notice it until it was to late. I caught this one before it blew any suggestions would be great. I cant figure out how to post pics PLEASE H :unsure: ELP. OH and sorry I put this in the wrog place !!

you probably got the car lowered too much in the back and with big'ol 17's you're rubbing it on the inside of the wheel wells.
i say raise your car some and try it out.

also, if you go to the faq section you can learn how to post pics. that would really help in people giving you advise on your situation.

rsaeini Posted on Sep 26 2003, 06:10 PM
you probably got the car lowered too much in the back and with big'ol 17's you're rubbing it on the inside of the wheel wells.
i say raise your car some and try it out.

also, if you go to the faq section you can learn how to post pics. that would really help in people giving you advise on your situation.

:werd:

I checked it out and the car has plety of room back there. I will aise it up but to see. Thanks

im not a big fan of coil overs..ive heard alot of negative feedback for them..mostly the threads getting stripped and not being able to move them..its not gonna be easy to have a nice ride with 17's without good suspension..i just got rid of mine and switched to 15" rotas..what a difference..handling/acceleration has improved..

:withstupid: Big rims are for show, if you want speed you have to go to a smaller sized rim. I put 18's on mine, what a waste of money. It took me 1.5 seconds longer 0-60 than when I had the stock tires on. There was no traction, just bumping. So I would recommend going to a smaller size, sacrafice looks for speed.

Thanks guys for the info. I do like my 15's plus the tires are so much cheaper. 37 dollars for kuhmo 712's. anyways I think I am going to put them back on.

Back