2000 Accord EX(V6) wheel bearing???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lionsfreak

Hey guys I have as stated a 2000 Accord EX(v6), and I have bad "road noise" at certain speeds. It gets really loud at about 40mph and even worse at 70mph. It is coming from the drivers rear wheel well, and sounds kind of like "howling" or aka "road noise". I am thinking wheel bearing or hub assembly, anyone else agree or disagree with this. Plus if anyone has any other advice for me to, 1 make sure what it is before I tear into it or 2 past experiences that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I get that noise on my CRX, and it is the wheel bearings. Your best bet is have someone else listen to it. It would suck to start replacing stuff and find out it was the wrong thing.

Everyone, who really wasn't anyone that knows anything agrees with my assumtion of the bearing being bad. I do know a guy that owns a shop but he hates imports I just havent had time to stop by his shop. I called my local NAPA and they want $100 for a wheel bearing hub, I can get one off of ebay for $60, any advice on that one.

If I am not mistaken, wheel bearings have to be pressed in. So not only is it the cost of the part, but a cost at a shop as well...

From what I have read into this there is no pressing. I could be wrong but it looks like all you do is remove the wheel, brake cover, brakes and the "wheel bearing hub" is bolted to the knuckle...... Again I could be wrong

I was informed they had to be pressed in on my CRX. I didn't end up replacing them yet, because I moved before I had the chance to look into it or find the time to even attempt. Maybe it's different. Maybe I was misinformed or I read it wrong.

The hub itself doesn't have to be pressed on but the bearings indeed do have to pressed in

I dont think you can buy the bearings by them shelves. You have to buy the whole wheel bearing hub, which I am thinking are already pressed in... At least I havent seen them sold seperatly

Back