2000 Accord Instrument Lights not working after HeadUnit Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arseman03

i blew my interior dash lights recently and i know its not my dimmer switch and i have checked all the fuses.

if i connect the illumination wire, which is orange on the harness but red/black in the actual car, to a positive from the battery, my lights come back on. but this dirty hack isnt effective becuase the lights either always stay on or stay on only with the ignitiion if i connect them to a 12V ignition wire. and also, i rather my car work properly without dirty hacks.

im hoping you can give me some sort of advice with your technical background. i already know its not the dimmer switch, its not any of the relays and its not the fuses. if i connect the red/black wire to a 12V wire, my lights come back on. the red/black wire connects to all the componenets and at the dimmer switch, the red/black wire is connected to the red/green wire. the red/green wire is ultimately connected to a blue/red wire via a relay. i have tested other relays and fuses but this relay that the red/green and blue/red meet at is the only relay for which i didnt have a spare lying around.

i hope this information helps. i was able to test continuity throug the red/black wire but i wasnt sure how to test continuity for the red/green wire because of the relay.

im REALLY hoping that its not the driver's Multiplex Control Unit (MCU). if it IS the MCU, what else would fail due to MCU failure? is it possible for only one specific thing to fail through the MCU such as the instrument lights?

i noticed extra fuses under the driver's side, are there any extra fuses on the passengers side besides the ones in the passenger fuse box that i should be checking?

i really hope this is a a simple fuse replacement rather than a $100+ MCU or other expensive component replacement.

2000 Accord V6 Coupe

Hi, arseman03 do you have any image or can you give an idea of how does the MCU look like, I'm having the same problem you described. I found a 2001 Accord sold in parts and I'd really want to have that part, thanks in advance and hope you can help me with that.

Back