2000 Accord performance with F23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bukloy04

i didnt know they made n f23 5 speed.. i got n accord and want it to be alot more faster. should i just get a swap for n h22 or jus find me a 5 speed f23 motor and jus swap that... what ever saves me the most money because i wanna boost it of course... any help?

yea its a 2000 accord wif n f23 auto and i hate how it laggz. i just want it to be more responsive and quicker.

If you want to swap AND boost, but save money- I would just swap in the manual transmission and turbo the F23. The Accord F blocks can handle quite a bit of boost and make awesome amounts of power. If you want to spend a ton of cash, swap in the H22 and turbo that- but you'll be a few thousand more in the hole.

but how much would u think it cost to get it to atleast 350+ whp. i got a freind with a civic with n b16 swap with a few bolt on parts and he kills so much cars with it. he runs 9.6 in a 8th mile trak. i want to atleast run 8..

Dunno... maybe $1000-1500 to rebuild the block with good forged pistons and rods, then another $2000-4000 for a nice turbo setup and tuning. Those are just ballpark numbers- you could come in much cheaper if you do all the work yourself, and you can easily get way more than 350whp if you have the right turbo setup on forged pistons and rods.

that sounds good... i gess.. i just hope that swapping a 5 speed f23 isnt gonna mess anything up. anyhting i should look out for. becausei have a freind that can help me swap it. but he swaps nissan engines.. if i order the f23 manual engine it might not come with all the things i need to make it run properly.. what all d i need to look for so i dont waste time and money.. i knwo im young but its good to start now then later.. prom is in may 2007 and i wanna roll up to prom boosin on all the limoz. AHAH

Read up some in the forums. Most of the questions that you're asking are very basic, and can be answered in general technical articles.

that sounds good... i gess.. i just hope that swapping a 5 speed f23 isnt gonna mess anything up. anyhting i should look out for. becausei have a freind that can help me swap it. but he swaps nissan engines.. if i order the f23 manual engine it might not come with all the things i need to make it run properly.. what all d i need to look for so i dont waste time and money.. i knwo im young but its good to start now then later.. prom is in may 2007 and i wanna roll up to prom boosin on all the limoz. AHAH

You don't need to swap out your motor to change from automatic to manual, you just need the manual transmission, and all the parts that go along with it, like manual pedals, gauge cluster, shifter assembly, shift boot and knob, manual ecu, etc.

if i get this right ur car is Auto?! ok to drop a manual in u have to get some other stuff other than the engine n trans. Get ECU, Wiring harness, Slave cylinder/master cylinder, install a clutch pedal, run shifter cables... shouldnt take that long to do it if ur friend knows wuts he doin.

if i get this right ur car is Auto?! ok to drop a manual in u have to get some other stuff other than the engine n trans. Get ECU, Wiring harness, Slave cylinder/master cylinder, install a clutch pedal, run shifter cables... shouldnt take that long to do it if ur friend knows wuts he doin.

Congratulations, you just brought back a thread that died 15 months ago...

Back