2000 B16A2 Sir Into Eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdnapa

I have a 93 eg and I am going to put a 2000 sir b16a2 motor into it and i was wondering I got the stock harness from the b16a2 can i directly plug this into my stock engine harness and change the ecu and wire it up ? will this work

Thanks

:no:

the 6th gens have a different harness than the 5th gens... the 6th gen does not have the cannon plugs at the shock towers in the engine bay, the harness goes through the firewall to the ECU

your best option will be to convert your stock engine harness to work with the B16
swap out the plugs for the distributor, injectors and alternator
extend the wires for the O2 sensor
and i think there is one or two other plugs you will need to extend

its pretty easy, and if you take your time it should look factory when you are finished

otherwise you can buy a 96+ GSR or ITR engine harness and that will plug in to everything ($$$$$$$$$)

:yes: your EG (5th gen) does the EK (6th gen) does not...

either way... its still a 6th gen and still has a 6th gen style harness that is incompatible with your 5th gen

either way... its still a 6th gen and still has a 6th gen style harness that is incompatible with your 5th gen

Agreed.

E's idea is the cheapest way to get things running. Shouldn't be too big of a deal to mate some of the clips onto the OBD1 harness. I would solder them. Or, Like E said, a OBD2 Integra USDM harness will work too. But.....you've got yourself a situation none the less. There are other options but they involve the purchasing of OBD1 parts and you'd not have to mess with the stock OBD1 harness as much.

And I would run a OBD1 ECU. A JDM P30 will work well or a chipped OBD1 ECU (P06 or P28) that has a map for your motor. No way would I use a jumper harness to run a OBD2 ECU if I didn't have to. It needs two O2 sensors.

Ok so I did some digging on this harness I have it's from a 2001 b18c5 will this harness plugin to the eg cannon plugs ???

Ok right on now for sensors what do I need to wire up?? And what about the knock sensor and how would going from odb2 to odb1 work ??

p28 doesnt look for a knock sensor

The knock sensor is for the transmission right so I will get a p28 then so I can just wire everything up with the harness and use a chipped ecu and were good??

the knock sensor is on the engine (near the oil filter) it detects pre-detination (knock) and signals the ECU to retard the timing and add more fuel
it is completely unnecessary in a car with a proper tune on it as long as you run the proper octane for your tune

the P28 has no idea what a knock sensor is... wired up or not its not going to work with a P28

why not just get a P30 and run it off that
P30 is the OBD-1 ECU for a B16A

Back