2000 civic ek what swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dacrazybaby

new to the forums and this is my first post. I recently bought 2000 civic hb, but it has not guts what so ever, I've got about 6g to drop into the swap/mods. but i dont have alot of knowledge. I was thinking about getting b18c itr 98+ and running na which would almost double my 106 hp now. But I've also heard i could just get a gsr engine and mod it to be alot better. Im still going to be using it as a daily driver, but its gotta have some guts and right now it has like none. Open to suggestions and idea's at this point. Thanks for taking the time.:)

It sounds like you're just looking for a spirited Daily Driver, so I'm going to take a shot and say you're searching for at most 200 whp.

For a power goal like this, you could do something like a Greddy kit on that stock d16, get a decent tune, and have the same power as an ITR engine for a fraction of the cost.

Or you could swap a GSR in there, provided you can do the work yourself, that will be about as cheap as turboing the stock d16. The turbo'd d16 and GSR would probably put out comparable numbers.

but the turbo'ed d16 motor would probably be more worth your while, they run decent with turbos and can se almost 250 hp on stock internals so 200 hp from the d-series with a turbo wouldn't take much boost and would be pretty safe on that motor.

Back