2000 civic engine build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

garyeboy

okay i think i've decided what i want to build tell me if this setup sounds good
b18c1 block 11.5.1 cp pistons 81mm bore
eagle h beam connecting rods
possibly b16 head a decent port and polish cleaning up the castings port matched to the IM
crower cams and their dual valve springs
skunk 2 IM polish the runners 69-70mm tb
hondata IM gasket
dc header
cai

would it be reccomended to get adjustable cam gears?
also i know i'll need to do an obd1 conversion to tune this setup whats a good tuning program thats easy to learn and use?

also what kinda of power will i see with this setup

Why don't you leave the GSR head on there if you are getting port work done anyway?? Then you have the quench pads and a ported head...
I'd invest in a better header like hytech. Just that alone will make about 10hp over the dc header.

Yes get adjustable cam gears.
crome is good.

Depends on the tune. You could have a great engine but a shit tune that is running super rich and doesn't make much power.

where can i get a tune ?
does the hytech header have bigger pipes or something?
i was thinking about the gsr head
my plan is scowering the junk yards around here trying to find a complete used engine i have a b16a2 but i know the b18 has slightly more potential and this is my every day driver.
so i can;t have it down long

It is a completely different design and way better all around.

If you already have a b16 head then just use that but I didn't notice that you have a b16 already before my last post.

IMG_1520-1.jpg

IMG_1526-1.jpg

He's probably thinking of the torque.

If you want more torque why not build a B20vtec instead of the GSR block??

reason bein for goin with the gsr engine is because this is my daily driver so i can't afford downtime so i was gonna find another engine to build and i figured the b18 would be a good option

Sure but why a gsr? There are other options, LS and B20 which both make more torque.

what kinda difference would it be in power doin a b20 or ls vs's doin a gsr build? mainly i was wanting to keep it remotely simply bein this is my every day driver

okay since it'd be better to just do bolt ons for a everyday driver since i trust your judgement from what i've read on here of your advice to people.
how does this sound for just mild upgrades with out much engine work
skunk2 IM
skunk2 68mm TB
the comp cams i mentioned earlier
and swapping to a hytech header instead of the dc sports
would i see a decent power gain? worth the money?

i may later on when i get bored with it get a JRSC since they are very reliable since this is a everyday driver

what could i do to keep mid range power and still get a good perforance gain?

Back