2000 civic ex with a GSR, no power when turn ignition key

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VidfinnX

Well i went an picked up this beauty on monday
its a 2000 civic ex coupe
with a B18C1 GSR motor in it
the only problem is, it wont start, the car gets no power completely
when u turn the ignition key the hazard lights work but nothing else comes on, no dome light, no cranking, no beeping nothing, I unspliced the alarm from the car because i dont have the remote for it but now im trying to figure out how the stock wiring goes back in is there any diagrams on this site that could help me?. i have so far found that the car used to have an alarm which im guessing has a kill ignition built in so i removed that and its harness but i still am in the process of converting it back to stock wiring.
Anyways this car was completely free, it was my fiances cousin, he was in the driveway with it he said and it just sputtered and died and then all of the sudden he couldnt start it no more cause there was no power. instead of fuck with it he went an bought a tahoe and said if anyone wants to fix it they can have it. So here i am, i hope to god i can fix it but im no wiring expert by any means
188023425_623933450_0.jpg

187743302_622993539_0.jpg

187743233_622993339_0.jpg

Yes we brought it on a 12 by 7 dump trailer ROFL with 15000lbs of aircraft cargo straps, the wheelbase is 11 feet, so the axles and stuff were on and thats all that really counted.

Man you lucky. Well I can't complain too much because I ordered a H22a swap for my 94 accord ex coupe back in march and the money was never tooken from my account and still have had no problems with my account to this day. Yes the motor runs like a charm. Came with test results and everything. The only thing I need to do now is an oil change and buy a new crank pulley.

Hmm, there is a main fuse under in the under hood fuse box that controll most of the vehicle systems, it is big like 80amp or so, check that to see if there is a problem there. That fues is the one that will blow if you try to jump start with the battery terminals on backward or if you try to install a battery backwards.

well i found the big 80 amp fuse, i have continuity across it so thats not the problem, well to describe it here is a little bit more info

hazard lights work
nothing else works
no power windows
no beeping
no lightup gauges
power locks dont work
etc

how can i tell if the ecu is bad? i opened it up but there was no char marks or anything i blew an ecu capacitor once on my 92 civic si but that made a loud noise

your ecu doesn't really control anything except the engine,

your windows, hazards dash lights etc. etc. would still work, the engine may even still crank with a bad ecu, it is something else.

have you checked teh battery.. my moms in her 05 Accord just died out of nowhere yesterday.. turn the key and nothing, not even a click..

damn man i checked the main relay its good, but its not getting any power, would a bad ignition switch cause no power to go to anything? How can i tell if the harness is getting any power?

even if ignition switch was bad the headlights, interior lights (dome) horn, flashers, brake lights would all work.
Try to trace the wiring, get a digital volt meter, or a test light, start at teh battery and check voltage,
check voltage to ground somewhere on the body of the car to make sure the ground is attached well
then go into the relay box under the hood, check the 2 red wires that are held in with screws toward the front for 12v, then check the fuses both sides for 12 volts
Ill see if I can get some diagnostic info for you.

here is power distribution:
photo 8 is if your car is canadian, otherwise use 7

Attachments

• power1.gif
    power1.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 798
  • power2.gif
    power2.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 696
  • power3.gif
    power3.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 719
  • power4.gif
    power4.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 646
  • power5.gif
    power5.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 760
  • power6.gif
    power6.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 762
  • power7.gif
    power7.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 829
  • power8.gif
    power8.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 632
cool this is going to be a bitch :(, the ignition switch is gettin no power at all, so i am going to have a fun time tracing this out

this is crazy bro, man please let me know what the hell is wrong with your car. and welfare seems like he knows his shit

Back