1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 civic ex with jdm

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by derek97ex, Jan 9, 2012.

1. derek97ex

derek97ex New Member

Motor blow up on my civic so I got a jdm d16 and was told it would bolt right in not need anything. Well not true have motor in runs pretty good but has like a bad power band when it hits 4500ems it takes off crazy. That jdm has two v tech solinodes and i am . Any tipsor tricks or shouldI i just put the old head onwl new jdmmotor

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

whoa...just slow down...

Read what you type and try to ask your question again. All i got is you have a vtec motor that isn't making the power you want it to.

3. derek97ex

derek97ex New Member

Sorry been typing on phone my stock us motor blow up I bought a jdm motor but old intake manifold don't fit and the jdm motor has two vtec solinods I am only using one it runs fine put when u get on it at 5 thousand rpms it picksI up andI goes isoff cause onlyI using one solinodI or should I just put old head on my new motor

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

So you have a two stage VTEC head, that shouldn't be too difficult to wire up. I'd see if you can find a couple of wiring diagrams (one for the stock engine and one for the new engine) and cross reference them. Provided you have the correct ECU for the new engine, you should only have to run a couple of wires to get the second solenoid working.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted