2000 civic ex with jdm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

derek97ex

Motor blow up on my civic so I got a jdm d16 and was told it would bolt right in not need anything. Well not true have motor in runs pretty good but has like a bad power band when it hits 4500ems it takes off crazy. That jdm has two v tech solinodes and i am . Any tipsor tricks or shouldI i just put the old head onwl new jdmmotor

whoa...just slow down...

Read what you type and try to ask your question again. All i got is you have a vtec motor that isn't making the power you want it to.

Sorry been typing on phone my stock us motor blow up I bought a jdm motor but old intake manifold don't fit and the jdm motor has two vtec solinods I am only using one it runs fine put when u get on it at 5 thousand rpms it picksI up andI goes isoff cause onlyI using one solinodI or should I just put old head on my new motor

So you have a two stage VTEC head, that shouldn't be too difficult to wire up. I'd see if you can find a couple of wiring diagrams (one for the stock engine and one for the new engine) and cross reference them. Provided you have the correct ECU for the new engine, you should only have to run a couple of wires to get the second solenoid working.

Back