2000 Civic Si Clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

si punk

Ok...this may seem like a stupid question but, I've never had a clutch go bad on me and I was just wondering if anyone could give me some descriptions of how to tell if my clutch is goin bad. :bangdesk: Thanks.

The only things I can really think of are WHen you shift fast at higher rpms it kind of makes a slipping sound and doesn't grip right away, and the rpm's don't drop automatically. Also, if you put it in 5th gear going up a steep ass hill at a low speed, it slips? Or also when you start off, it grips very softly and doesn't really grab that tough if you dump it.

These are all symptoms demonstrated by my friends car when his clutch went out.

well shit...except for the "stinky" part, that's pretty much what's happaning. When I first got the car I could dump the clutch at like 3500 in first and chirp (didn't do that a lot :p ) but now it just kinda feels really slow and like it's not gripping very hard. But, as far as shifting at high RPMs and going up a steep hill, it's fine...

I drove my stock integra engine and clutch until the clutch took a crap on me right as I was going up a bridge. The cops came and blocked off traffic and I had to roll it back down and get it towed. Dont let it get this bad, unless u wanna pay a toll bill.

Yea mine was like if I put it in 5th gear and floor it it the rpms will go up with out change in speed of car(MPH wise).

Back