2000 Civic Si Engine Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yardrat

Hello! I'm kinda new to the performance area of Civics, and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions about Civic engines? I have a chance to buy a recovered theft 2000 Civic Si that has had the engine and tranny stolen out of it. What is the original engine that came in this car? Is it considered a B16A? I have seen companys with JDM engines list a B16B from a Japanese Type-R Civic. What is the difference, and which engine should I look into getting for a replacement? Thanks! :huh:

how much do you have to spend on a motor? then we can give you a million suggestions on what to do. but i suggest you read the reference section and you will find the most accurate info on the motor, code and specs of the b16 that was in your car.

Excellent section!! I just came accross the site last night, and I didn't even relize there was a reference section. This section answered just about every question I have ever had about a Civic or Integra! The car that you have pictured from before the theft, did you ever get it back? I'm in PA., and to get a recovered theft vehicle back on the road you need to get a reconstructed title for it. It's a lot like rebuilding a wrecked car thats been totaled. You have to get an inspection of repairs and submit all kinds of paperwork to the DMV listing where and how you got your parts for repair. I'm just starting out to get the car on the road then do some modifications later. I have $2000 to $4000 initially to play with for an engine tranny combo. I would like to get a JDM Type-R Civic engine/tranny, but I'm afraid this might cause problems with the paperwork for the title. PA. likes to have any used parts that have been taken from cars that are no longer on the road. Cars that have traceable salvage titles from either wrecks totaling the car or theft recoveries. From what I understand is that Japanese engines are imported because of strict emissions in Japan, and can no longer be used in thier specific cars. The car from which the engine came from may still be on the road with a newer engine, correct? And besides the fact that the car is from another country, and is a model not for sale in the U.S., this may cause a problem when tracing vin numbers. To be on the safe side I think I should find a USDM Si engine. Would it be silly to consider an USDM Integra GSR or Type-R 1.8 engine/tranny? Does the B18C1/C5, or B16A2 have more available upgrades? Of these engines, which would be the most expensive to upgrade? Has anyone ever ran into this situation trying to get a theft recovered vehicle back on the road? Thanks for your help! :D

sup dude... I think i could help you out a little here... I recommend you to get a 99-00 honda civic si engine or (b16a2) USDM.. not JDM... you could put a 2000-01 integra GSR engine (B18c1) USDM or 2000-01 Integra type-r (b18c5) USDM... just make sure that the engine is an U.S. engine because if it's a U.S. engine then it's somg legal... all the above engines has many after market parts for it sor don't worry which one to get... and All B-series transmission will fit all B-series engine... But try to stick with Hydro transmission instead of cable transmission...
the diference of the above engines are: price, displacement, horsepower/torque. the bigger the displacement and the more horsepower and torque the more you'll pay... I strongly recommend you to put a honda civic si (b16a2) in your car, since your car is originally a honda civic si...

sorry can't help you much...

holy_racer

Holy_racer,
Your input helped out a lot! I agree that I should stick with a USDM SI engine. If I come across an inexpensive USDM Integra engine (if there is such a thing), I may go for that. I didn't even think about the smog issue, because I'm lucky enough to live in a county in PA that has NO emissions/smog testing. I can't go overboard with the exhaust modifications, but I have a lot more freedom than a state like CA would have. Thanks again! Anyone else ever tried to get a recovered theft vehicle back on the road? :D

Back