1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 civic si head.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Crix, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Crix

Crix Senior Member

Does anyone know what obd this is? Also iam using this for a lsvtec on a b18b1 with pr3 pistons. Do any vavle clearances need to be checked? Will I be fine using the stock vavletrain for now on the lsvtec setup? Can I use a obd 1 ls distributor or does it need to be a vtec distributor?

Thanks in advance for any help. :D

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

anything > 1996 is obd2, so your head is obd2.
    if you use the LS distributor, you have to grind off one of the arms and use only 2 bolts (GHETTO) because the vtec solenoid is in the way. get a vtec distributor and make your life easy. what year is your car? get the vtec distributor to match the obd of your car to make life even more easy on yourself.

3. Crix

Crix Senior Member

Car is a 91 crx hf. So basically the obd I want will need to match the obd of the injectors,dizzy etc.. Iam staying on pre obd to make it easier for me. I really don't want to use the one leg holding the distributors on. What year and from what car do I need to get a dizzy for? Are there markings to read to make sure iam picking up the right distributor? Like the pr3 for b16 pistons etc..? Let me know cause it will most likely be a used distributors from tamparacing and i want to make sure iam getting the right one. Thanks for the help.

4. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

i believe it's the td63u or td73u

5. Crix

Crix Senior Member

Any picticular spot on the distributor that has that marking of the numbers?

6. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

get one from distributor king. get a 93-95 del sol vtec dist. or 94-95 gsr dist.

7. Crix

Crix Senior Member

The car will be obd 0 so I will stay with pre obd to make it easy on myself.

The head i bought came with everything injectors and distributor in there as well. Curious to know how much I could sell the distributor off this head and the injectors for so that i have money towards the obd 0 injectors and dizzy?

It has a new cap on it and this head seriously only has about 25K miles on it. Its very clean. It was pulled off a wrecked si. Its a 2000 si head.

If iam staying obd 0, what will I need to pull this dizzy from? Year make model?

8. Crix

Crix Senior Member

Also are there any markings on the injectors to tell what obd they are? And if someone can please confirm the numbers on the dizzy as well? I will be getting these parts soon as soon as I find out more info. Thanks everyone for your time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted