2000 civic si heating issue?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

Hi I have a 2000 civic si with a b18c1 swap.I cant figure out why the heat isnt working.It blows luke warm air never gets hot.The radiator holds water good never leaks a drop.Everything is hooked up it just dont get hot.O also there is hot boiling water in the radiator after driving it if that helps.I just cant figure this problem out.Is it the Thermostat or what?

maybe ur duct hose in you heater has a hole in it and is letting out most hot air making it warm?

Is the car overheating? because it could just be the thermostat if that is the case. other than that, check the heater control valve located on the firewall on the passenger side. if this valve malfunctions, coolant will not pass through the heater core to produce heat. It is also possible that your heater core is malfunctioning as well. check the coolant lines leading to the core. the core is behind the dash on the passenger side and is a bitch to mess around with.my money os on that valve though. anyway, i hope this helps.

Can someone please help me?I have looked for the heater control valve on the passenger side firewall and can not locate it.Where exactly is it located what does it look like?

this valve is located on the passenger side firewall more towards the bottom of the firemall. you will see coolant lines running to it, a sending hose and a return hose. but that other guy is right, replace the thermostat first. if the thermostat is somehow not closing, the coolant will continuously flow through not retaining any heat. watch the temp guage on the instrument panel. If the car warms up at idle but cools down while driving it, then the thermostat is not closing.

I have replaced the thermostat with a spoon sport.So it cant be the thermostat I also located the valve is there any way to tell if its bad?

it could be the thermostat. evey now and then, you get a bad apple. I work at a parts counter and sometimes you get defective parts. anyhow, move the temp on the dash from hot to cold a couple of times to verify the operation of the valve. if you feel no temp change what so ever, you should probably replace the valve. also, with the engine at normal operating temp, feel the heater hose going into the valve. if one is much cooler than the other, replace the valve. if this doesnt fix it, youll have to gain access to the heater core and feel the inlet tube. if this feels cold, then you have a blockage somewhere. hope this helps. let me know what you find.

ok so I have checked everything heater control valve,thermostat it all checks out fine.When I start the car it the heat gauge gets close to half way still luke warm air nothing hot and the fan doesnt kick on.What is the deal with this?

Back