2000 CIVIC SI HELP!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jsteezy1290

ok i bought a 2000 civic si today from a repo auction so i dont know much about it.. first off the motor is in the trunk of the car. It def... is not stock the block is a b18a1 and the head says pr3-2. now the head had groves in the ends from the cams so its basically junk. could this have been from lack of oil, if so what should i do since i have a block and no head. whats the cheapest way without hacking anything to get my civic back on the road?, any info would be awesome

Looks like whoever had it before you went the Ls/Vtec route.

Assuming everything else is there and ok, all you need it another vtech head.

Its not too much work, but if you know nothing about hondas you may be better off paying someone to put it back togeather for you.

Originally posted by brc80@Sep 15 2005, 04:54 PM
Looks like whoever had it before you went the Ls/Vtec route.

Assuming everything else is there and ok, all you need it another vtech head.

Its not too much work, but if you know nothing about hondas you may be better off paying someone to put it back togeather for you.
[post=555126]Quoted post[/post]​

does this setup starve the head for oil??

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Sep 15 2005, 09:01 PM
No, there is a adapter used to return oil to the head,
[post=555233]Quoted post[/post]​

so would the easiest route be to find a motor b16a2 out of a del sol or something

Originally posted by jsteezy1290+Sep 16 2005, 07:07 AM-->
VTECPOWER
@Sep 15 2005, 09:01 PM

so would the easiest route be to find a motor b16a2 out of a del sol or something
[post=555354]Quoted post[/post]​

the a2 only came in the 99-00 Si, you're thinking of the b16a3 del sol vtec. But yes, all you really need is a B16 head.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Sep 16 2005, 07:59 AM-->
Originally posted by jsteezy1290@Sep 16 2005, 07:07 AM
VTECPOWER
@Sep 15 2005, 09:01 PM

[post=555354]Quoted post[/post]​

the a2 only came in the 99-00 Si, you're thinking of the b16a3 del sol vtec. But yes, all you really need is a B16 head.
[post=555359]Quoted post[/post]​

ok well the old head is junk and i believe the block is good so whats should i do 2000 si? just go get a b16a2 head?

you are all assuming that the car was an lsvtec. The repo yard could have just thrown that junk engine in the trunk. And if the head is junk you should definately check the block for damage as well.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Sep 16 2005, 08:08 AM
you are all assuming that the car was an lsvtec. The repo yard could have just thrown that junk engine in the trunk. And if the head is junk you should definately check the block for damage as well.
[post=555361]Quoted post[/post]​

no the repo lot leaves cars how the where... the block cranks over, i just need to the oil pan off and see what everything looks like.. i mean i want to but a civic si motor back in it but i want to do whatever is cheaper. and i was told by someone that this setup starves the head for oil. so i need to get all instructions in detail so i can do this right the first time around

who ever told you that is a total jack ass....and dont talk to him again....

you need to take the block and the head to a machine shop and have them dismantle them..... then you can decide what you need....you could also buy a cheaper ls head and use that.....down the road you could make a turbo kit or buy a vtec head.....

if anything is broken ....take it all home....some parts you could sell on ebay, or keep....for a future project....

more than likely the oil pump failed........if you do an lsv again get a gsr oil/water pump and timing belt.....

take some nice pics and post them......

Originally posted by formby@Sep 16 2005, 09:24 AM
who ever told you that is a total jack ass....and dont talk to him again....

you need to take the block and the head to a machine shop and have them dismantle them..... then you can decide what you need....you could also buy a cheaper ls head and use that.....down the road you could make a turbo kit or buy a vtec head.....

if anything is broken ....take it all home....some parts you could sell on ebay, or keep....for a future project....

more than likely the oil pump failed........if you do an lsv again get a gsr oil/water pump and timing belt.....

take some nice pics and post them......
[post=555393]Quoted post[/post]​

do you think i should just find a another b16a2 and drop it in?

i think that you should take the motor to the machine shop and have them look at it.....if the block is a pile then yeah...if not just buy a head ls/si

Originally posted by formby@Sep 16 2005, 12:18 PM
i think that you should take the motor to the machine shop and have them look at it.....if the block is a pile then yeah...if not just buy a head ls/si
[post=555485]Quoted post[/post]​

i already took it there the head is toast he said and the bottom end is good.

ther ya go....buy a b18b/b18c/b16 head......a vtec head is more expensive...so if you low on cash buy the ls head....but then youll need an ls ecu

Originally posted by formby@Sep 16 2005, 12:35 PM
ther ya go....buy a b18b/b18c/b16 head......a vtec head is more expensive...so if you low on cash buy the ls head....but then youll need an ls ecu
[post=555499]Quoted post[/post]​

is the b16a2 head a good combo on that block?

yup..

..remember to take the throttle body and the intake manifold and all the sensors from the old head.... you might need them...and they are worth money

Originally posted by formby@Sep 16 2005, 01:40 PM
yup..

..remember to take the throttle body and the intake manifold and all the sensors from the old head.... you might need them...and they are worth money
[post=555540]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont have the throttle body, injectors . dizzy. another thing is how can i tell if the oil pump is good or bad on the block?, whats the horsepower rating for the motor setup

just buy a new one...i would not take any chances.....remember the engine blew because of an oil issue...

what happened to all the stuff on the head

an lsv with stock pistons is usually rated like a gsr with more torque.....with pr3 pistons your looking at a type r range with more torque

Originally posted by formby@Sep 16 2005, 03:55 PM
an lsv with stock pistons is usually rated like a gsr with more torque.....with pr3 pistons your looking at a type r range with more torque
[post=555619]Quoted post[/post]​

i have everything from the head sensors etc.. no dizzy intake or injectors though. ill take some pics tonight of the block and head and post them so u can see the damage to the head. so then whats the horsepower with the vtec head? faster than a b16a2 or what

Back