2000 civic sir ecu codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Styls

I have a stock 2000 sir and the service engine light come on and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good how to, to go about finding the code and such.

thanks for your time

Well its long past its warranty and i would rather do it myself rather then have the stealership try and gouge me for it. I went through the thread aobut the 88+ hondas, is there another ecu throw code post that i may have missed for the later models?

Yeah, that's not an "error code". it's just a "go change your oil" reminder :p

There's a process... something like key on and off 3 times, grab e-brake, all with the door open or some shit that re-sets that light. I'll see what I can come up with.

here it is:

1. Turn key to 'on' position. The service reminder will start flashing.
2. Use the select button to toggle through the trip odometer readings, past th oil life indicator and back to the service reminder.
3. At this point, press and hold the reset button. You will be asked if you want to reset the service reminder. The default is "N".
4. Release the reset button and use the select button to toggle the selection to "Y". Press reset.

The oil life is reset to 100% and you are ready to rock.

Back