2000 civic sir

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cstang

Hi,

The defrost, a/c, and re-circulation buttons don't work or light up? How do I fix this? It slowly went from the defrost to a/c & re-circulation not working.

Thanks,

Casey

i cant remember but id check the panel inside the car just to make sure. then will go from there

Climate control gremlins...:ph34r:

Any leaks in your car? Maybe something is leaking into the climate control? Have you taken the climate control out/moved it around recently? Perhaps the wires are just getting old, or the connections are shot?

make sure there plugged up in the back

make sure there plugged up in the back

I pulled the centre storage console and removed the dash below, low and behold, the re-circ, a/c, and defrost cluster cable was unplugged? It seems as though someone was in there "prior owner" and disconnected it and did not connect it back properly. Good work AHH VTEC ***** stars.

Onto the next problem :)

When I accelerate the parking brake light comes on. Only happens when I accelerate, and then goes off shortly afterward. More in the cold than when warm. Is it a defective park brake sensor or the park brake adjusted too high/low?

try holding the park brake down with your had and see if it comes on when you accelerate

Back