2000 civic with b18 obd1 motor and ecu limp mode issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

patrickneonsrt4

help
2000 civic wont run right at all
we swapped a ob1 b18 and ecu and jumper harness and did the injector mods and alternator ,
hardly starts and when it dose wont rev over 3500rpms

I drove the car home drove ok just really hard to sart, but when in limp mod runs good just wont rev over 3500

i moved your post to its own thread and deleted the duplicate post you made
please create your own thread instead of jacking someone elses
even if you think your issue is the same or similar

what ECU are you using specifically
are you getting any CELs

the ecu p75
civic is a 2000
with 2000 wiring harness to a jumper harness to the ecu

I was messing with it earlier and I think I narrowed it down to a fuel problem I rechecked all the wiring to see if any was broke , nothing I rewired it to color to color,
I put a new fuel pump in and new filter in it ,,,
still runs like crap,
rough idle very rough revving it almost kills it, but if u keep it running and spray starting fluid in it runs really good clears it up and runs good but wont rev over 3500 rpms,

it may also need alternater because when I take terminail off it dies, checked wiring was fine,
thanks for ur help

was doing research tonight and I may have the fuel injector wires backwards, im going to change them around tomorrow,
I have the tan/yellow{black, wires starting from #4 cylinder injector
I have the red/yellow{black, wires starting from #3 cylinder injector
then blue / yellow{black, on #2 cylinder injector
and yellow and yellow{black, on #1 cylinder injector

I think I may have forgot it wraps around under the intake manifold around to the injectors.
I think I have them in reverse,
im going to run the yellow/yellow{black injector wires from cylinder #4,,, an then ,,blue/yellow{black wires on cylinder #3,,, then red /yellow{black wires on cylinder #2,,,then run tan/yellow{black wires on cylinder#1,

I think that should fix it hopefully,

only other issues I can think of is
to lengthen the iat being on manifold body , red{yellow strip / green wires ????

and I haven't done anything to map cuz its on throttle body and plugged into same map spot on 2000 wiring harness, and I think is working I don't know though,,

FIXED !!!!!!

THE DISTRIBITOR WIRES WERE WRONG, I put the wire on the ob1 dis. wiring to ob2a, and didn't no the ob2a and ob2b wiring was different

so after fixing the fuel injector wiring and fixed the distributor wiring it ran ,, and ran awesome took it out and ran the hell outa of it ,
noting special but it'll get down for it self

ALL IN ALL IS WIRING ,,
ALWAYS CHECK UR WIRING ,

Back