2000 DX Hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Archfiend25

Hey I currently have a 2000 DX hatchback. No power mirrors, no power windows, and an automatic transmission (sighs). The car currently has 39,351 miles on it and I am currently in school. That all aside I do know that at some point I want to modify the car, which brings alot of questions. First of all any suggestions for general improvements whether they be visual or proformance and gladly accepted. Also I was wondering if a B16B or B18C would be better on a limited budget. The B16B I would expect to do a tad bit better on gas and all but would mods for it be more expensive since it is exclusively a JDM motor? Also do they make gauge clusters that will fit in place of the stock cluster for these swaps? Any answer to my questions or just suggestions for the car are greatly appreciated, thanks.

You don't need to swap clusters for the swap, but if you want a different one you can get it from a civic LX, EX, Si, Type R, or any other Civic, just go with w/e looks best to you. You'd probably be better off with a B18C because it is cheaper and and as far as gas goes a lot of it would be based on how you drive anyway.

Cool, thank you, the reason that I had asked about the clusters though is because I wanted one that matched up as far as redline and all of that goes, with the engine I installed so if I were to go with a B18C would an Integra cluster fit in where my stock one currently is? Or better yet is there an aftermarket company that makes clusters for such swaps?

just get a 99-00 si gauge cluster same redline

Hmm well I was kind of hoping for a digital gauge cluster (I read some of your posts AHHVTEC on using s2k clusters) and was wondering two things. One will an s2k cluster fit where my current one is or will it need some fabrication to fit corectly? Secondly is there anyway to change the backlighting from amber to blue since it will then match the rest of the interior work that I have done?

you can fit one in there but it will need to have extra plastic to fill in the spaces on the sides, and as far as the color change im not sure if you can or not

First improvements, upgrade the stock suspension and add a rear sway bar, idk what size the front sway bar is stock but maybe consider upgrading that too.

Visual improvements don't make you faster, who needs those? Haha, that's all up to you ;)

For a swap, I would not recommend the B16B as it's priced at a premium because it is more rare and bares the Type-R badge and thus obsessed over by all honda fan boys. Same goes with a B18C5, the Integra Type-R motor. By the way the B16B is from a Civic Type-R. The B16A2 (which is an OBD2 Civic Si motor) or a B18C1 (GSR motor) with bolt ons would be a better choice. With the money saved, if your thrifty, you could probably make up and surpass the difference in power to the Type-R version.

Would I need to produce the extra plastic on my own or is there a dealer that provides material for this type of swap?

Sorry I messed up my first reply, anyway AHHVTEC for the plastic parts that you mentioned would I have to create those on my own or is there a manufacturer of such items?

yeah you will prolly have to make those your own, theres pics on google that shows the cluster in a ek let me know if you cant find them and ill show you

Back