2000 h22 in a eg?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calhoun

ok well a friend of mine found a 2000 prelude that was totaled. i can get the whole car for 2000. the only thing is that it is auto. since this is an obd2 motor is it going to be hard to put into my eg? also will the older h22 trannys match up with a 2000 motor because i can only find 5 speeds from a 1996 and such. also othere then ounts will there be anything else i will need. thanks for reading.

from what i know it shouldn't be hard to put in you are going to need a mount kit for it i know that much. as far as your wiring goes use your stock harness and you should be fine i think you might have a plug or two on the motor that your car doesn't have plugs for like the Crank sensor and stuff but if i was you i would get an h22 ecu for an obd1 set up. as far as the tranny goes, all h series tranny fit on h- series engine so if your engine is a 00 and the tranny is a 94 you are good as long as the series is the same you are in good shape hope that helps

Back