1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Honda Accord Transmission problem

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 2khondaflip, Sep 29, 2010.

1. 2khondaflip

2khondaflip New Member

I have a 2000 Honda accord that i intended on selling and flipping to make some money as i got it really cheap. The owner said the transmission was going, i had the transmission fluid changed and the hard shifting went away. I tried to sell the car and then it came back. I read that there are a lot of problems w torque converters and transmissions that year. The car has 79,000 original miles and valued at 5k. The shifting seems to slip a little if you give it too much gas but it definitely goes into all the gears. On deceleration after you come to a stop there is a bang. I'm guessing this is just a torque converter issue. The TC looks like its only 200 bucks, but i don't want to do all the labor to find out the trans is also bad. Is there anyway for sure to know the extent of the damage?

Thanks

2. eman13

eman13 New Member

any codes , might be a shift solenoid

3. LSVTEC978

LSVTEC978 New Member

i had the same peoblem on my accord.and it was the shift solenoid..thank god it wasnt the tranny..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted