2000 Honda Civic DX Hatchback F/S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Redirwol1@Feb 11 2005, 06:40 PM
Belive me I know you dont get money back. I have built so many things from lowrider to minitruck to lifted truck. And some imports. But this is the first car I have swapped a totally different engine in. The car is booked for $7500. I have about $4500 in extras. Nothing extravagant. I am only asking $1700 more than what the car is valued at. And that is not even retail value. That is what I can sell the car to someone for because I am not a dealer. So I would think that $1700 more than the cars book value, which is less than what the swap alone ran, which in turn, would save someone the hastle of having to do it and spend the money on a stock one to swap. I dont see where it is asking too much to sell it for $9200. Well lets just say $9000???
[post=459769]Quoted post[/post]​

DUDE IT STILL TO MUCH BUTANY I JUST BOUOGHT ONE FOR $3000 AND ITS A OO' STOCK SI WIT 69,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK IF YOU WANT THAT MONEY FOR YOUR THAT CAR YOU HAV A BETTER CHANCES ON EBAY NO EVER REALLY BUY CARS THERE.

Well then. If the price I am asking is too much...someone enlighten me....tell me what is a good price to sell my car for. BUT, I want reason for it. I want your ideas to why I should sell it for that much. I dont want to hear "you need to sell it for this much because I said so". And then give me reason why MY price is wrong. Why my asking price is not on target or not suitable. I just do not see how a 2000 Civic Hatchback, which you do not see alot of, that has 51,000 miles on the chassis, a strong LS swap, and quite a few JDM styleing accessories could not be sold for $9000 when the car stock is worth $7500?? I am just not following that. Damn. This is the first hathback I have done myself. I thought it would be a good car to do, but if this is the kind of return I am looking at(not trying to get all out of it) then it was not worth it at all. I mean my Talon TSI AWD...it has 90,000 miles on the chassis, a 6 bolt swap with 40,000 on it, and quite a few upgrades...I made on that car what my expectations were. Did not make it al back, but I had like $6500 in the car, made $4000 back. Sold a 95 AWD for $9500. The car was worth $5500. Now I know the Honda crowds can not be nearly as tight as this??? I have been building vehicles for a while, and like I said this is not the first Honda I have done, but its the first one I swapped engines and stuff in. So like I said, If my asking price some how seems to be too "much" then someone please enlighten me and tell me what the deal is? How $1700 more than stock price, with more than $4500 in it, is asking too much "more" for the car. What do you want the car for $7600??? Hell no. I will just drive the wheels off this thing until then. And for dude that got the 00 Si for $3000. All I have to say is you are either lieing to try to juicen the converation up more or you got reall damn lucky. Because an 00 Civic Si with 60,000 miles is worth nearly $9000 or so. So anyways. Dont take this post wrong. I am not mad at anyone or trying to start anything. I just can not comprehend why I am wrong for asking $9000 for my car. I want to know what you people expect. I mean, from what I was percieving, the Honda Civic Hatchback is supposed to be one of the most sought after for Honda cars, especially an EK. And then on top of that especially an EK swapped already. I was told that when it comes to Hatchbacks, to the JDM guys, there is not a value, its what they can get their hands on at the time. I have seen 96 EK HBs, with like 206,000 miles, worth only like $3000 sell for $4400. I personally wathced this happen. I am friends witha guy that buys and sells Hondas all the time. Matter of fact I got this car from him. He did all my work. He said $9000 was a fair price, and that it might take a while, but its not an unfair price considering the condition of the hatchback, and the "street" value to people looking for them. .... Well anyways, this is getting long. Like I said, some one enlighten me....

Originally posted by chinamon+Feb 11 2005, 03:09 AM-->
Originally posted by Redirwol1@Feb 10 2005, 02:37 PM
Nothing. Not even an offer?? or a compliment?? wtf??
[post=459141]Quoted post[/post]​

IM LIKING YOUR CAR IT REMIND ME OF MY OLD ONE THATS SOME DUDES STOLE MY WAS A BLACK 99' DX WIT A B20 BLOCK AND A K20 HEAD THAT SHIT WAS A BEAST . ANY TO BUSINESS IM OFFER $5000
[post=459431]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by chinamon@Feb 12 2005, 05:37 AM
Redirwol1
@Feb 11 2005, 06:40 PM
Belive me I know you dont get money back. I have built so many things from lowrider to minitruck to lifted truck. And some imports. But this is the first car I have swapped a totally different engine in. The car is booked for $7500. I have about $4500 in extras. Nothing extravagant. I am only asking $1700 more than what the car is valued at. And that is not even retail value. That is what I can sell the car to someone for because I am not a dealer. So I would think that $1700 more than the cars book value, which is less than what the swap alone ran, which in turn, would save someone the hastle of having to do it and spend the money on a stock one to swap. I dont see where it is asking too much to sell it for $9200. Well lets just say $9000???
[post=459769]Quoted post[/post]​

DUDE IT STILL TO MUCH BUTANY I JUST BOUOGHT ONE FOR $3000 AND ITS A OO' STOCK SI WIT 69,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK IF YOU WANT THAT MONEY FOR YOUR THAT CAR YOU HAV A BETTER CHANCES ON EBAY NO EVER REALLY BUY CARS THERE.
[post=459955]Quoted post[/post]​

can some body ban this pos

bump for a clean ass hatch if i had the cash i would swoop it up

Back