2000 Honda Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SmgHunter

Yesterday my buddy offered me a 2000 Honda Integra for $700. The thing is is that he said it has a cracked block. I think I heard somewhere that you can weld it, but im not sure. And If I can't weld it, how much will a B18 block cost me? The car does turn over and will start and idle for about 10 seconds. Do you think this is a good deal?

chances are he's over seas.. seeing as he's calling it a Honda Integra

Just source a complete running replacement motor for it, swap it out, and you'll still be ahead on the cost of most Integras. So long as the rest of it is straight. Its worth way more than $700 in parts even.

Hell, how do I know if its not just a blown headgasket? My buddy never pulled the head and looked at it, all he said is that its mixing the coolant and oil together or fuel, im not sure

hmotors.com, tigerjapanese.com, various wrecking yards locally, craigslist if you need to. Is it just an LS or is it a GSR?

Look around the mating surface and look for seepage, or you could pull the head off and physically check it out since whatever it is you'd probably be doing so anyway. If its got mixed oil and coolant i definetly wouldnt start it anymore just in case it is just a headgasket.

Oh then finding a cheap replacement should be real easy.

I found one for $300 here on craigslist, its OBD1 but not hard to convert. Look around for an LS B18. You can find em cheap if you look. Even if you did pay 800-1k for the online one you'd still have a 2000 integra for under $2k. If youve got the know how and ablity, Id say get the car. Again, dependant on how the rest of the car's shape is.

Its got a little bit of rust/chipped paint. Interior is sweet. Forgot to mention it has a high performance exaust, hell, if I got him to take that off he'd probably drop it to 400 or 500 dollars.

Back