$2000 into a h23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XZILER8

I'm getting close to pulling my h23a1 out of my 93 prelude si and building it up for boost. It has 123k but still runs perfect and strong.

This is a pleasure only vehicle (about 2500 miles per year)

I have $2000 cash to spend and want to know exactly what avenues I should pursue. I want to make it totally bulletproof to withstand high boost.

Do I need to keep saving? I'll do the removal, install, and some assembly, but will leave the machine work to the professionals.

Do I need to keep saving, or will $2000 get me where I want to be?

Suggestions welcome!

with that 2000 bucks you should invest in some patients...
Try investing in stronger rods, cylinder sleeves, and pistons...
and if you want to know about parts, check out golden eagle for sleeves, check out http://theoldone.com/ for pistons and rods... you also might want to do a search to see what others suggest...

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Oct 25 2003, 01:56 AM
and if you want to know about parts, check out golden eagle for sleeves, check out http://theoldone.com/ for pistons and rods... you also might want to do a search to see what others suggest...

thanks for the info, but if I invest my $2000 in
, I'd have to start a hospital. I may be wrong, but that'd probably cost more then $2000.
I'd also have another problem in that my money would be wrapped up in a bunch of sick and injured people and my engine still wouldn't be any stronger than it is now.:shrug2:

I think rather than the whole hospital idea, I'll try to acquire some patience . That way, I can leave the health care to the professionals, i won't have so many people dying in my arms, and I'll still be able to stick to my original goals of building my engine for boost.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by XZILER8+Oct 25 2003, 12:14 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Oct 25 2003, 01:56 AM

thanks for the info, but if I invest my $2000 in
, I'd have to start a hospital. I may be wrong, but that'd probably cost more then $2000.
I'd also have another problem in that my money would be wrapped up in a bunch of sick and injured people and my engine still wouldn't be any stronger than it is now.:shrug2:

I think rather than the whole hospital idea, I'll try to acquire some patience . That way, I can leave the health care to the professionals, i won't have so many people dying in my arms, and I'll still be able to stick to my original goals of building my engine for boost.

:thumbsup:

with an attitude like that, no wonder people dont want to help you.
after all, you are looking for some help right?
BTW: keep saving :asshat:

do you already have the turbo kit or do you need to buy that with the 2000?? if not then you need to keep on saving

strictly looking to use the $2000 for sleeves, pistons, rods, and machine work. I'll just keep saving. It doesn't look like $2000 is enough.

Back