2000 prelude???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tekewiz

i am a owner of a 2000 honda prelude just recently i have discovered
a problem i can not cure actually driving me crazy.
when my car is first cold in the morning its tachometer (stock) spikes
between 2000 to 4000 rpm as in jumps all the way to 6500 and back again
with little performance change in engine sometimes some surging. now when the car warms up it is not as often but will do it even then sometimes when i hit vtec
the car has many mods but has ran great for along time till just recently.

please help?

i have checked all the vacume lines and replaced most all of them the car
has a jackson supercharger that i had installed by the factory dealership after 1000 miles of purchase of the car along with all the jackson goodies to go with the charger but have looked at all the vacume lines and gaskets are like new the car only has 15000 miles on it? thats what is puzzling me.im wandering if possible me messing with the timing retarder has done something of coarse i have not heard any detonation.
maybe should have left car stock?
the car has (jackson fuel pump,regulator,injectors,aem intake,tanabe cat back,
catco high flow,maganacore wires, zex plugs,jdm header,svr battery,gator back belts,,msd coil. here are some mods that i wander could make this problem occur?

It's not a vacuum problem if the tach moves but the engine doesn't rev. It's in your distributer. What have you done to the ignition?

the car had a broken spark plug wire and had corrosion built up inside
the cap i changed the cap and rotor and wires but would that had done more damage?

Back