2000 si b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pot_head_jay

ok i have a 98 mustang cobra that runs high 12's. my girl has a 2000 civic si with a b16. i have add a injen intake, EVO2 exhaust, dc sport headers, skunk2 intake manfold. i does not have the power that i like, she does not want a turbo. but i can do what i want but that. so i ask for your help :worthy: any help will be help me.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2004, 12:10 AM
sell it and buy a mustang.

a civic with botl ons will never run 12s.
[post=379966]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

if your used to v8 torque, you arent ever gonna get it from a 4 cyl. how about your girl friend builds her car how SHE wants it, instead of trying to satisfy your domestic taste.

If she wont go turbo then that car will only run 12's with a fully built engine(I mean every part you can think of to put on a car), or you can just strengthen the block a run some nitrous. Those are the only two alternatives you really have.

i know it will not stay with me but i would like it to run with most GT's and kick there ass's too. OK you guys and girls know you can never have to much power right? i am hopeing she sees that too. so where would you start? i have been thinking about stage 2 cams, but would i need some head work? i have seen stroker kits for the b16.

Originally posted by Pot_head_jay@Aug 21 2004, 12:00 PM
i know it will not stay with me but i would like it to run with most GT's and kick there ass's too. OK you guys and girls know you can never have to much power right? i am hopeing she sees that too. so where would you start? i have been thinking about stage 2 cams, but would i need some head work? i have seen stroker kits for the b16.
[post=380033]Quoted post[/post]​

Might as well buy another B16 and build it from scratch. bore it , stroke it, shot peen the rods, balance and lighten the crankshaft, intake manifold, CAI, tear out the PS/AC, PnP head/IM/Exhaust, cams, gears, Catback exhaust with high flow cat, jdm itr hearder, hondata, JDM ITR 4.785 five speed, flywheel, new clutch, so basically... the whole nine yards...

For what I was planning on an NA build I rough-estimated about 10 grand into the motor alone to get it to run with a 99+ GT (that's < 14.0).

Here are my eventual I-have-too-much-money plans, for one of these days when I'm like B and I have too much money. :)

CAI, skunk2 intake manifold, mild head pnp job, skunk2 stage 2 camshafts-retainers-valves-springs, skunk2 Adj. Cam Gears, jdm itr header, racing cat, rs*r exhaust, skunk2 short shifter, fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel, act 220mm b-series ai4-xtss clutch kit, 98-spec jdm-itr-lsd 4.785-f.d. trans, ground control coilovers covering koni yellows, slicks, 12 lb Rota Sub Zero 15" rims, weight reduction, Hondata ecu, vtec controller.

so i am asking too much from this b16. though that the b16 was the shit?? do you guys have one and what doe's it run, and what do you have done? still you like to get the most out of the car.

b16 is the bottom of the barrel for "performance" honda motors dude.
one step up from a stock d16z6 in a civic ex.

IMO, if you ant to hang with mustangs, and don't want to go turbo...
a supercharger is the only way to do it without breaking the bank.

and well, im talkig stock mustangs. expect mid 14s out of a superhcanrged b16 on street tires

ok if this b16 is at the botton of the list. what are the better engines to have then.

This might spark an argument, but ever thought of a Vortech After Cooled Supercharger?

Probably not the most realistic and probably isn't effiecient at all, but you could easily put down some nice times with that. They make around 250-270whp bolted on and that should be good enough for 12's I would think. Only problem is, its not really realistic because they're not exactly efficent and they have an extremely linear torque curve.

Back