2000 si b16a2 obd2 into 92 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmrhdeg6

how do i wire an obd2 engine into an obd1 car without changing the dis. , intake manifold, injectors and engine harness

um....

you don't.

you're going to at LEAST have to change the engine harness.

if you dont want to convert it to obd1, youre gonna have to:

1. hack your dizzy

2. hack your injectors

which might not work, and will probably look like shit.

just buy an obd1 dizzy and obd1 injectors.

also, you can use your stock obd1 ecu if you absolutely have to, but it'll be shitty.

best bet is to get a p30 or a chipped p28, or get an obd1-obd2 jumper and use the 99-00 Si ecu.

1st question is do you have the OBD-2 harness???

if you do i can give you full instructions on what plugs need to be swapped out

he'd still have to use an obd1 engine harness thogh.

obd2 civic harnesses are 1-piece

obd1 civic harnesses are 2-piece

unless he wants to put an obd2 in-car harness in.

no shit .... but you can simply swap the plugs for the distributor, injectors, and alternator from the OBD-2 harness to the OBD-1 harness

its quite easy

then use wire from the OBD-2 harness to extend the few plugs that dont quite reach

this is how i wired the ITR engine up in my sol

OH

mah bad

i misunderstood

dammit, working from noon until now almost nonstop on fuckin' college homework is kicking my ass.

I agree, use the obd1 harness and swap the dizzy plugs, injector plugs(I have RC's and did not need to change plugs), and alternator plug. The wires are the same colors so just repin them to the new harnesses. You will have 2 dizzy plugs instead of 1. Then lengthen the O2 plug to the rear of the motor instead of the front. I did this same swap, a 00 Si b16a2 to a 93 CX. If I recall you will already have a Vtec wire from the ECU to the engine bay already since its a 92, but dont forget to check. I have a Canuck (canada) 93 and it had the Vtec pre wired. I also have detailed instructions if you need (given to me from a fellow hondaswap.com'er.) email if you have more ?'s.

Back