1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Si going ls/vtec

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by dixonsi, Jan 1, 2007.

1. dixonsi

dixonsi New Member

ok look i have been looking all day to find out about the ls/vtec or crvtec. i have read alot about it but the thing that gets me is every thing that i have found is that not to many si go this way. well it also seems like every one get pistions, ecu, head work, wireing,oil pans,water pumps,or alot of other stuff. but like i said they where all integs or a none vtec car. well my car has vtec already and it only has 78k miles so i do think all my stuff ^ in the car is good. but is it possible to just put a b18 block in my car and not have to put all those mods in my car? i dont have much money to do the swap so all that stuff will come later. i really need some help. i have heard so many thing that are good/ bad about the swap but im sure that im going to do it ,but i hate to jump in to things that i dont no much about. im going to get a shop to do the swap 4 me, but i want to take every thing that i need to the shop that way they will not charge me a arm and a leg to buy there parts. i have seen list after list of things that i need to do the swap ,but in my head im thinking why cant i use the stuff that i have on my b16. so if you have a si or a vtec car that has done the swap please give me some feed back. but please only list the essentiall parts that i need to get this swap up and running. and has any one dynoed a stock ls/vtec( i know ls/vtec is not stock but what i meen is just a b18block with b16 head not pistions or IM,or any other bad ass mods you can get for hondas) i need hp/tq spec to compare to mine when it is all said and done, and last but not least for all of you that has done the swaps is it really worth it. do you like the out come once again think for you time and help.^_^

2. soon2beh22

soon2beh22 New Member

for the money you will spend on an ls/vtec just get a turbo going on your b16 you have a dam good motor to turbo.

with that being said you putting about 6 psi which is very safe from b16,
    into your motor you will outdo any ls/vtec swap hp wise just my thoughts not only that a reliable ls/vtec swap is not an ez thing to do.

3. dixonsi

dixonsi New Member

mush money will i spend for the both of them? i onlt have about 1500 to spend

4. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

A turbo setup will be easier, but will require a bit more tuning. With either direction, I recommend switching from obd2 to obd1, and run a chipped p28.

1500 will buy you a decent turbo setup if you shop right, and know what to get. It can also get you a decent b18b bottom end and the necessary goodies to build an ls/vtec, which will make a better turbo platform down the road if you decide you want ls/vtec and turbo.

If you don't know anything about either turbo setups or what it takes to build a reliable ls/vtec, just stick with what you have until you've done a little research, otherwise it will cost you more money than you really want to put into a honda.

There is a lot of information on here for both ls/vtec setups and turbo setups.
    A couple keywords for you to search:
    ls/vtec
    turbo sizing

Also look on
    Honda_tech Main
    The Generation 2 Integra Club: G2IC.COM 1990-1993 Model Honda/Acura Integra (lots of good articles)
    Homemadeturbo.com

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted