2000 si question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96civhb

I have recently purchased a 2000 Civc SI. I am looking in to building a motor for it. My plans are to build a B16A2 for and be able to put it directly into the car . Someone suggested that swap in a B18, will i need to get different motor mounts?? what is the difference in the engines besides there liters. what is the horsepower difference? What else will i need to swap a B18 into the car that had a B16 in it originaly(ECU, wire harness, axles)

Quoted post[/post]]
I have recently purchased a 2000 Civc SI. I am looking in to building a motor for it. My plans are to build a B16A2 for and be able to put it directly into the car . Someone suggested that swap in a B18, will i need to get different motor mounts?? what is the difference in the engines besides there liters. what is the horsepower difference? What else will i need to swap a B18 into the car that had a B16 in it originaly(ECU, wire harness, axles)

i would keep the tranny and get a b18c1 or b18c5 as your motor

You could also do ls vtec which would give you gsr and almost type r horespower. Your tranny is good and you can use your ecu. This is the cheapest and most effective way to get horsepower.

Quoted post[/post]]

it should have a b16a2 already in it.gsr motor will put you with 170hp.and the itr is 200hp.but rather then swap why dont you just boost the b already in it?

i dont know if i want to invest the money for a turbo and put it on a engine with 70,000 miles. or will it be fine, if i boost it i will still have to build up some of the engine

boost it 70k is nothing do a compression test if your not sure bout the rings i would also suggest a type r motor but turbo might be chgeaper if you wanna go that way to go more than 200hp

what turbo kits should i look at that will give me a good amount of hp. (am i gonna be lookin at the high 200- low 300 range?) if not what will i need to hit 300hp with a b16a2 in the car

im lookin for a bolt-on kit. Should i pay the money for the Greddy kit? or can i get a better or same quality kit for less money. what web-sites do you guys use to order your parts from

I read an article in hondaswap magazine about this same issue, they ran 9lbs of boost on a high mileage first gen b16 on pump gas and were running around 250 horse to the wheels. The big issue however is not the turbo kit itself, any ebay kit able to run 9lbs is fine its your engine managment and timing. You have to have those dialed in perfectly to stop the boom. Invest in some nice turbo injectors and a good piggyback system for your ecu, also adjustable cam sprockets and good (AEM) fuel rail/fuel regulator with gauge.You might want to look into a local tuning shop if you go turbo because it is very hard to tune it right and if you do it wrong, well you know what happens. Good luck, oh, and try reading something, do you have any idea how tired my fingers are right now!

Back