2000 si question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96civhb

is it possible to bolt on the greddy turbo kit on the stock b16a2 engine and run it safely at low boost. and then later build the engine up. What else will i need besides the greddy kit(injecters, fuel pumps, .........)

hypothetically all you need is the greddy kit to make it run. If I were you I'd look into a different kit though...check this one out peakboost.

I'm running 7.5 pounds on the turbo that comes in that kit without problems on a stock b16a2.

you will need to upgrade the fuel system with that kit though...rc 550's or dsm 450's and a walbro fuel pump. also you'll need some way to tune it...with that kit or the greddy kit. the blue box that comes with the greddy kit sucks. you should probably swap over to obd 1 and run chrome. I'm using the afc hack right now but it sucks as well.

also look at an aftermarket clutch too...my clutch was done after my first pull boosted.

If you are looking to build the motor up and run more boost and get a lot more power dont even think about the greddy kit. the turbo is too small, the manifold design isnt that great, the downpipe will restrict power. you'll end up replacing most, if not all of the kit to get more power.

IMO, the only time a greddy kit is worthwhile is if you're in cali... its carb approved. thats the only reason.
over priced.
under performed.

+1 and its missing an intercooler.

Back