2000 Si/sir Guage Cluster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newtohonda

where can I get some info on swaping in the 2000 si/sir cluster in to the eg. From what I understand I need the plugs to come with it and there is some rewireing involved but I need info on exacly how to do it.

thanx

Well you can make anything fit and work, just follow the wiring diagrams of both assemblies and pin them out to their correct locations and you should be fine, One of my friends used an GSR cluster in his EG, it look good but the edges of the fuel and temp gauge just cut out slightly due to the large size of the cluster. But the tach and mph gauge and nice and big though.

Milan

why?

its a fucking hassel, they aren't the same size, and its a wiring nightmare. wtf is the point?

well does the si one fit atleast or is it like the gsr one. Has anyone here done it? How much work is it, some people tell me it took them 3 hours to wire up a type r cluster and some tell me the si needs only like 10 wires changed.

I didn't get it yet, but I can get it for really cheap, that's why I'm considering it. I guess the plugs are a must to do this?

thanx

the plugs are the same dude. Just take out your old cluster then replace it when you swap the sir one in. All the plugs have colour that match up on the back of the cluster unit, just match then up. It's not hard a 20 mintue job. This is to say that both clusters are off the same civic si or sir its the same thing. Good luck
lates

are you talking about a SiR cluster from an eg with the speed in "km/h" or you talking about a USDM 99-00 Si cluster???
the sir shouldn't be too difficult to do but the si one won't fit right. IMO it's pretty damn stupid to swap out gauge clusters unless you have a broken one but whatever...do what you want...

I have seen a 99+Si cluster in one persons car from pics online and it looked great in my opinion. It was on Goldy's car from the FF squad. The FF site is supposed to be up on the 15th of this month and I am not sure if dylan sold his ride. I have also seen GSR clusters in EG's and that looks nice.

The purpose of doing this is just to give a different look to the inside and to have a larger cluster.

Milan

The reason I wanna do it is I need a tach and I'm not a big fan of the 6" aftermarket ones. I actualy had one with the shift light and got rid of it so now I'm stuck with the cx cluster that has no tach and the 2000si/sir is the only one I could find so far and for a really good price. I'm just trying to find out how much work does it involve that's all, I know it's been done, I saw an itr cluster in a 94 4 door lx.

My favorit was the Tiiite Boyee Racin site, it had all kinds of little funny shit on it.

Oh, almost forgot, why don't you get an EX cluster or JDM Sir Cluster for your EG, i thought that you wanted to get creative and shit with other clusters. If a tach is all you want, seriously just get any 92-95 EX cluster. I sold my jdm sir cluster in favor of the usdm ex cluster,

Milan

Back