1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Si Swap Question

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by jfancher87, Oct 24, 2010.

1. jfancher87

jfancher87 New Member

I have read the FAQ and didn't find my question, if it has already been answered then I apologize.

I have a 2000 Si with a B16A2 that has sadly died and will not be returning in 3 days or any for that matter. I also have a D17A1 from a 2001 EX. My question is it possible to fit the D17A1 into the Si's chassis properly? Or will I need a hammer and some extra cash?

Thank you.

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I'd sell the D17 and buy a B series to put in there, it'll be a lot easier.

3. jfancher87

jfancher87 New Member

I'm having a mechanic install the engine.

I would sell the D and buy a B series, but I am currently overseas at the moment and I need the car up and running as soon as I return to the states in January.

Is it very difficult to fit it on the Si chassis?

4. shank

shank New Member

I would think it is, because you have different motor mounts from the D to B series. Ecu's will be different as well. I think you are gonna run into alot more problems tryin to put that D series into your Si. Look at it like this, look at all the guys running into problems putting a B series in a D series car, same thing just you are doin it in reverse.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted